Hi, I was proposed to switch to Enbrel as better solution for management of my rheumatoid arthritis. Is it reasonable to search for another medication since the disease can’t be stopped anyway?

HI, I have been using Enbrel for three years now and it has reduced signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. It prevents progression of joint damage from getting worse. I have noticed signs of improvement of function of affected joints. Before I took methotrexat with Enbrel, to get better effect. It is used by psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and other. Enbrel’s generic name is etanercept, which is a TNF blocker drug. It is a biologic response modifier. Enbrel is produced by genetical engineering to resemble the receptors in the body which bind to tumor necrosis factor (TNF-alpha). Enbrel binds TNF before it can attach to natural receptors.