Hello, guys. My wife has been recently discovered psoriatic arthritis. I am very concerned since I hear that this disease does not have a cure. Her doctor recommends us to try with Enbrel. I have never heard about this medication before and I would like to know if it can really help with this disease. Thanks.

Hello to you too. Enbrel has been recently approved as a medication for psoriatic arthritis. Recently it has been shown that it can be efficient. It can stop the disease progress. Its generic name is etanercept and it belongs to the group of Biologic Response Modifiers (“Biologics”). You should know that therapy with these medications is expensive. It will cost you between $15.000 and $25.000. It also suppresses immune system, so your wife will be more sensitive to infections. If she has been sensitive earlier, let her doctor know that. I hope you will manage. Good luck!