I have psoriasis, changes I experience occur on elbows and knees (big red marks) covered with whitish layer. My illness got complicated, I got arthritis too, which affected my fingers joints. Doctor said that I should begin a therapy with Enbrel. Does Enbrel really help for psoriatic arthritis? Is it a heavy drug?

Enbrel is a type of medicine that eases the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis. It suppresses the immune system and in that way reduces the level of inflammation. It inhibits the effects of protein that is created during the process of joints inflammation. Since the immune system weakens. That could have negative effects with people who already suffer from some chronic condition, diabetes for example. Sine it is usually taken by injection this could cause swelling and inflammation on the application spot (cellulitis).

I have been on Enbrel for about 3 years now and it keeps my psoriasis and arthritis in check. I am disabled and on SS due to 100% covered by psoriasis. Arthritis was so bad at one time I was in a wheelchair - this is when I discovered a herb called Guto Kola - and the arthritis when away. The skin has stayed under control with Enbrel. I have to watch my stress level and have to run from anything stressful or I bottom out.