What are the common symptoms of esophagitis? I have difficulties when swallowing, pain and burning sensations. Can this be infection of esophagus or it is related to acid reflux? I don’t feel gastric symptoms, only that discomfort in esophagus. Can you give me some advices?

My sister had esophagitis that was caused by candida. So, it is also possible causal agent if this disease. But the most common situation is that esophagitis is caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is associated with gastric disorder. Esophagitis can also be viral disease; usually citomegalo virus is causal viral agent of esophagitis. So, it is important to get proper, professional diagnosis and to cure it with adequate medications. Esophagitis is diagnosed by endoscopy, and cultivation is done to isolate causal agent.

I am 26 and have recently been diagnosed with a very bad case of eosinophilic esophagitis. I have asthma, severe environmental allergies/very minimal food allergies, am recovered for 7 years of 3 years of bulimia, and was a social smoker 3 - 7 years ago. It is interesting to me that my condition is so severe at this time due to my history. I am sure the severity of my condition is due to a combination of all of the above precursors to this condition. I am sure my asthma and allergies is what put me at most risk. As allergies are the only thing in my life to trigger such symptoms, I am having a difficult time discovering the causes. Doctors have included an ENT, gastrointerologist, and allergist that have given me different and contradicting information. I am continuing my personal research and seeking professionals to get to the bottom of this. I have always known I have suffered from severe mold allergies. Does anyone have experience with this and thus are extrememly triggered by foods such as cheese and yogurt? Any information is appreciated.