Just my luck, I am under tests that will show why I got adult onset asthma. Doctors mentioned aspiration of gastric asthma (whatever that is), while my friend mentioned possibility of problematic laryngeal reflux. What is that? Could asthma occur due to this laryngeal reflux? Is that serious thing? I mean, could there be other complications?

Well, as far as I know laryngeal reflux should present itself with a number of different symptoms, including globus sensation, feeling of postnasal drip, swallowing difficulty, coughing, hoarseness, laryngospasm. You have not mentioned that you have had any of these symptoms, so we could say that this is not the cause of your condition. As for serious complications, that LR might cause, there are laryngeal granulomas, glottic stenosis, even laryngeal carcinoma.