hi, i have recently been diagnosed with gastritis, esophagitis, and duodenitis in the duodenal bulb. I have lots of confusion as to why i have this, i am an 18 year old male. I have terrible anxiety, and lots of stress because of this. I have a constant burning/aching pain from my chest down to my upper left abdomen. I have had this since june of 2010, and its now feb 28 2011. i have had the upper endo, thats how they found it. i am on omeprazole 40mg twice daily, this doesnt seem to help. They also tried anti biotics, wich also hasnt helped. things are only getting worse. I used to take ibuprofen almost everyday, wich may have been the cause. I dont know if it is of any relation, but i have a terrible awareness of my heartbeat. It beats hard to the point where if i look closely, it is moving my shirt. I have seen a cardiologist for this, and had ekg, ecg, and the holter moniter. He said everything was fine. It is almost painfull, because the beat from my heart is aggrivating my esophagus and stomach right next to it. I am also a marijuana smoker. I have noted that when i smoke it, my G.I. pains are heightened greatly, im not sure if it is because of the "magnification" effects of thc, or the pain is actually worse. Also, something of extreme question, last summer in the month of july, I injested wild mushrooms thought to be psilocybin cubensis. I did vomit, and felt effects that where symptomatic of psilocybin. I also had arm numbness. i was a little curious as to one of the mushrooms being poisonis, but there was no severe side affects. Its now been 8 months since, and my liver or kidneys havnt failed or anything. so i dont think mushroom poisoning would cause only my symptoms. I think it may be from stress.

Can someone please offer me some insight? it would be greatly appreciated.

One of the main cause for gastritis and duodenal or stomach ulcers are non steroid anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen - that is probably what pushed you GI system to the breaking point. And teh other possible cause and the reason why you were given the antibiotics is bacteria H. Pylori, but since your symptoms didn't change much, I can only assume that you continued with your regular lifestyle as if nothing happened. I'm telling you this from my own bad experience - this summer I had a stomach ulcer burst and I didn't even know I had one and omeprazole started working and I continued to live pain-free only when I finally gave up everything that I simply couldn't eat anymore.
Stronger heartbeat is simply the side effect of gastrointestinal problems, there is a reason why heartburn is called just that even though it is caused by stomach acid and has nothing to do with the heart.

i have these same symtoms.i have had it for almost 4 years now and it's just grown in the area that hurts.after i eat i also swell up and am bloated about to burst 10 or so hours after eating.i have learned that what you eat makes alot of difference.no stringy meat.only ground up meat and just a little,mostly soft foods are easier on you.i just had an EGK ? last week.results were inflamed stomach (unexplained)redness inside stomach lining.barretts espoagus.and that long term gastritis leads to this other illness.it is painful,burns all the time.aches when i walk.it hampers alot of my regular life s daily things.heart issues also and terrible bowel movements.e-mail me if you would like to discuss the procedures i've went thru to find this much out.small bowel had 2 polips in there removed one biopsy taken from the inflammed stomach.benign.thank god.and the polips were also benign.keep on top of that please.chocolate takes me down also.citric acid bad.h-pylora is what they say causes it all to start with and they dont know how you get that.good luck.peace

how much do you drink coffee and or alcohol? 

Person1324,

Give an update. Figure anything out? I have a lot of the same symptoms. Especially the pounding heart beat. I was diagnosed with eosinophil esophagitis.

When you had your EGD, they would have taken a biopsy to determine if you had H. Pylori. Treating it without knowing if you have it is not practicing good medicine.
So with your diagnosis, you should eat a bland diet, and do not smoke anything!! In addition to the omeprazole 40mg twice a day, you should ask your doctor about adding the medication carafate 3 to 4 times a day.
I had the exact same diagnosis as you. There were numerous times I was ready to call 911 the chest pain was so severe. One month on the omeprazole and carafate and bland diet helped so very much. I will be scoped again in 3-6 months but will remain on the above until the scope.
Good luck to you!!!

To alleviate reflux symptoms try chewing almonds. Works wonders for me.