Hello fellow GI sufferers.

I just wanted to share some insights and join in on the "whats wrong with me and why can't the doctors figure it out"

After reading this forum, and taking not on how many similar issues I have with others - GERD - chest pains, racing heart - difficulty breathing - no wheezing/coughing just feels like i have a belt around my chest - pains that go from front of chest all the way to my back - yet no gall stones. rotating chest pains from right to center to left to all over left side including tinglings - no heart disease no ecg ect ect. I'm 23 and suffering.

So heres what I would like to share with all of you. I believe there is a very strong connection with all of us - Mine started with anxiety attacks which lead to GERD - the GERD reflux created asthma like feelings.

I believe when our doctors say "go to a psychiatrist" they may not be far off. Like you all, i know something is wrong - but the anti depress/anxiety meds have helped. Nexium for the acid did not sadly.

so anyways, just wanted to voice up saying hey, your not alone - and if i get any answers from my doc i'd be more than happy to pass on anything i've learned. But, i'd recommend that everyone keep in mind the connections of anxiety gerd and asthma or asthma like symptoms.

My husband has lots of bloating belching and constant diarrhea. This has been going on for months. He will get a vitiam B12 shot and it seems to get better. Does this make scence to you?

Hi. I realize this post is very old, but wondering how you've made out. I seem to be in a similar situation. Seems like as soon as divorce proceedings began I was diagnosed with gerd-induced asthma. Whenever I have trouble breathing, I get anxiety attacks. Of course, the meds I take to breathe also trigger anxiety. The exacerbation of Gerd no doubt is from the stress. It's now where if I eat, I can't breathe. I've lost 10 lbs in a month and still dropping. Going to a pulmonologist and a psychiatrist in the next few weeks.

God bless you dear one, i am a 59 year old female, just last week, Boom, i have acid reflux, burning of stomach, esophagus and entire larnyx and throat swell and almost close shut, the choking and strangling feeling gives me anxiety and panic attack, seems worse at night! i am allergic to prescription meds to reduce stomach acid and the over the counter stuff does not stop the burning or reflux, this is a physical and mental torture! i see that doctors don't really have any answers, and because of a goiter from my thyroid, and endoscope would be disasterous!
I pray much as a Catholic Sister, and i am begging God for strength to endure this trial, because with all the remedies and so on, nothing helps. we are all at the mercy of our Lord, Only He can heal us, our doctors don't seem to have a handle on it according to this blog. I am new to this affliction, its straight from the pits of hell.
Sister Renee'

His Sister, my daughter and my wife have this condition. It is called EE (Eosinophilic esophagitis). It is basically an allergic reaction in the esophagus usually from food or from environmental allergies. Even though you may not have allergies to anything for that matter, you can suddenly develop these allergies in the esophagus. It is a condition where something you may be somewhat allergic to causes an allergic reaction to slowly build until it suddenly triggers (almost always when eating) the reaction and causes the throat to feel as though it is closing and makes it hard to breathe etc. Because it usually happens when eating, it is easy to get confused about what foods may be causing it. It is not always the food your eating, and may be only triggered by something in your meal that has been cumulatively building through your ingestion of this substance in other foods. Kind of confusing to explain, but doctors are beginning to understand it better, as this condition has recently begun to skyrocket. Again, they're not sure why, A Gastroenterologist or Allergist will give you an allergy test and identify what you're allergic to. That is the first step. My wife and daughter jump up from the table and go running out the front door to try and get some air on a regular basis. Doctors usually treat it with inhaled corticosteroids that are allowed to remain in the esophagus in order to control the reaction. They also usually prescribe acid blocker type drugs as well. Untreated, this can cause very serious esophagus conditions, such as Barret's Esophagus, and scarring. They are pretty successful in treating this condition, so don't fret. Good luck Sister.