I have a problem when I eat food sometimes. If I don't chew my food to almost a paste then it gets stuck in my throat and I have to either force it down or bring it up to go on eating. I have thought for a while that I have what is called a double ledged throat. This problem makes it hard to go out for dinner and just eat food normally. Is there any way to deal with this or does any one know what this problem is called?

I have had similar symptoms for over 40 years. After decades of doctors ignoring and/or not understanding the problem I found a Gastroenterology specialist who diagnosed the problem as eosinophilic esophagitis or Asthma of the Esophagus. This disease is not common but found in males with allergies or asthma. In 2004, two Research articles were published on this topic in the journal "Clinical Gastroenterology and and Hepatology". The treatment I received in the late 90s involved a minor surgery scraping multiple esophageal rings from the throat. The results were astounding, relieving my swallowing problems and returning my throat to its original width. However, the symptoms had returned 10 years later and the new treatment now involves 6 weeks of swallowing fluticasone spray (a common asthma prevention inhaler). The specialists say that this is a safer treatment than surgery. Unfortunately, I have found this treatment to be less effective than the surgery.

food was getting stuck in my throat after every meal. I went on this website and didn't find any answers. So I went to another website and one lady said she had acid reflux and food kept getting stuck in her throat also she said to put 2tsp of apple-cider vinegar in a cup of water and it should help also she said go to a health food store and get papaya pills I didn't try the pills,but I tried the apple-cider vinegar and it worked for me immediately. I can eat what I want when I want but also I changed my diet.. I hope this can help someone the way it helped me. I hope someone is listening. :-)