I am 28-year old female and have been suffering for over a year now.I have been to several >:( >:( doctors and they cannot find what is wrong with me.I have a sensation like something popping in my throat when i breath in.Also have a feeling of something lodged in my throat.Sometimes I have a very hard time breathing because of it.Anyone have any idea of what may be happening? I am really frustrated at this point and now doctors think it is all in my head.But i know what I am feeling.Woul someone please help?

Same here I may not be crazy ive had same syptoms for a while a has got worse as i get older docters never have found anything and thinks it asthma or stress if any one else has this or know what it is pls help thanx

Hi throat popping...I have the same problem...I would suggest u see a laryngolgist and have them check your throat...if the problem persists...I think acid reflux or laryngeal reflex is a possibility, so u need to be evaluated by a gastrointestinal doc... Good luck!

I have exact symptoms for years. i have esophagitis from aced reflux. e mail me ill give you more info,,*********

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

i have the same problem 2 and sometimes i think im gna faint. My chest hurts. The cough just wont go away. Sometimes i even lose my voice when im talking because the flem or something in my throat gets caught.

Oh my gosh i have the same problem, but i have either wheezing or popping in my throat when i exhale. Sometimes if i cough i cant clear it for a minute or so but it comes right back. Can this be allegies? asthma? I hope someone can help!!

I have the same thing, but i have either wheezing or popping in my throat when i exhale. I can cough to clear it for a minute or so then it comes back. Can it be allergies or asthma? I hope someone can help!

My user name is Never Coming Back, because I am never coming back to this site. I was looking for something else when I found it. But before leaving I thought I knew the answer to your question and thought I would post the info that I know.

Of course I can't say for sure this is what you have but I believe it is something called STRICTURE. Google it. It is a narrowing of the esophagus due to years of acid reflux. Even if you THINK you've never had a problem with acid reflux, it can rise into the lower part of your esophagus, especially while you sleep, and not bother you enough to wake you up. Over time this acid SCARS the esophageal tissue. The scar tissue is what is causing the narrowing of the esophagus. The main symptoms that will lead a gastroenteritis to check this out are difficulty swallowing (food or otherwise), heart burn (especially persistent heartburn). Depending on the location of the scar tissue it can sometimes cause breathing symptoms such as those you described.

My son had acid reflux when he was a baby. After being told consistently by his pediatrician that it was just a phase he was going through and it would pass, I finally took him to Scottish Rite without a referral. The put a tube down his nose (based on his symptoms) that led into his esophagus. It was to remain in place for 48 hrs. There was a recording device attached to the tube that recorded the acid and PH levels in his esophagus over the period of 2 days. They confirmed he had a weak sphincter (the muscle that closes off your stomach from your esophagus) and therefore had severe acid reflux. They gave him meds for the reflux to take until his 2nd birthday because at that age, the sphincter will most likely tighten on it's own by age 2. In a grown up, it could require surgery. After the sphincter had tightened they wanted to have a look into his esophagus to check for stricture. They explained that with prolonged or sever reflux scar tissue can form and narrow his esophagus. I declined to have this procedure done and thought it better to wait and see if he had any esophageal symptoms which he did not, thankfully, but I did get quite an education in the esophagus during those 2 years.

I would be curious if the first contributor ever found out what the problem was. I can tell you that my bubbles are due to no acid reflux or esophageal stricture as others said here. Mine developed after an upper respiratory infection and come mostly after I lie down - within a few seconds. It is as if some thin liquid (with low surface tension) was building up in my trachea or larynx (voicebox), creating true bubble-like surfaces there (kind of like champagne bottle neck bubbles after you leave it standing open). The bubbles pop with ease as I breathe in and out.

While stricture is/was an interesting theory, I wouldn't exclude other possibilities. Breathing difficulties in conjunction with swallowing difficulties can be caused by but not limited to the following: fungal infections( candidiasis ), spore infections, structural damage ( either congenial or caused by recent neck trauma, enlarged thyroid, thyroid tumor, any other tumor of the neck, enlarged papillanomas, tongue cancer, etc.
To rule out/ diagnose these problems I would suggest throat swab, endoscopy, ultrasound of the thyroid, lung biopsy, chest X-ray, and if needed CAT scan of the neck and lungs.
As for anyone with bubbling sounds when they breathe I would recommend a chest X-ray, CAT scan, and biopsy of lung tissue; as this sound usually ( but not always) means an excessively high lung infection caused by fungal and mold spores.
So my advice to the Guest who posted subject " bubbles in throat" is that they still have a lung infection or they are coming into continual contact with mold or fungus.

SAME thing here!!! I had a upper respiratory infection about 3 months ago. Wheezing the whole bit. NOW I can't lay down without the bother of my throat/nose bubbling and popping.

Hi

I been having the same symptoms as you are describing.
Since I was taken to Hospital when one day I was having sort of attack, I couldn't breath and I felt like something was blocking my airways of my throat, I lost my voice as every time I tried to say more than 3 words in a row I felt breathless, my throat closing and getting irritated also making me cough( quite irritating).
When I reached to the Hospital no Doctor was taking me seriously, they kept saying that they couldn't find anything wrong until they saw I was really struggling for air and they took blood examples, when the results came back they found I was low in oxigen and high in carbon dioxide in my blood ( so I wasn't making it up). Then they decided to take x-rays and still found nothing; so they had to call a throat, nose specialist Doctors from other Hospital and after sticking a tube inside my nose they found out that I was having a Paradoxical vocal disorder.

The clicking/popping sound though it didn't appear until after 2 weeks I came out from Hospital but still appearing sometimes when I'm breathing. It happens for maybe 20 mins. or more, sometimes every day, sometimes more than 2-8 per day but other days doesn't appear at all.

I've been having bad allergy problems.  Then my throat got itchy and I couldn't stop coughing.  I didn't realize how shallow I was breathing until I went into the doctor and he had prescribed an inhaler.  He also prescribed Asthma medicine (singulair), a nose spray, and over the counter I drops.  The popping noise I hear didn't start until after I started taking the medicine.  I can feel it in the back of my throat and in my chest.  Sometimes if I intentionally breathe hard I can feel the bubbles are bigger.  So at the moment I'm tending to believe that it has something to do with my allergies, but I wouldn't discount that allergies could be causing a vocal cord dysfunction.  I knew before I went to the doctor that I had croup, because I sounded like a bark when I coughed.  This means that my throat was swollen up, probably from some type of allergic reaction.  The wild fires really have a nasty effect on me.  Hope this helps someone.

I got this popping in the throat/chest, a number of years ago was treated for esophagitis, but this seemed to get better, I have had this popping for a long while; with a slight tightness breathing it really gets on my nerves but do feel slight effort in breathing, have you got any suggestions

I have the same problem. Acid reflux, although I never felt anything like heartburn... just a little bit of stomach acid coating my vocal chords. I also had allergies with post-nasal drip... So my throat was being coating both from below and above giving me all kinds of crackling and noise. The biggest issue was I kept losing my voice, but it turned out this part was mostly from lack of enough physical rest. Visit an Ear/Nose/Throat doctor and have them take a look.