Have a male baby, and I've noticed his foreskin isn't retractable. Should I be worry and give him for a surgery or wait to see what will happen?

Because circumcision is so common all over the world now, the natural history of preputial development has been lost. The foreskin in the newborn normally is not retractable (In a large series from Denmark, the foreskin was not completely retractable in most boys until puberty!). In early childhood this is normal physiologic state. Forcible retraction of the prepuce tends to produce tears in the preputial orifice, with resulting scarring that may lead to pathologic phimosis, and phismosis is defined as the inability to retract the foreskin.
Some parents are very unhappy with the cosmetic appearance of the penis if an inadequate amount of skin has been excised, even though the functional results are good. Anyway, circumcision is performed for a multitude of reasons. Medically, it’s true that carcinoma of the penis, pathologic phimosis, paraphimosis, some sexually transmitted diseases, and some urinary infections in infancy may be prevented by circumcision.

carlie wrote:

I Have a male baby, and I've noticed his foreskin isn't retractable. Should I be worry and give him for a surgery or wait to see what will happen?

Sandaye's answer is pretty good and accurate. Not all studies agree, but it is generally found that full and comfortable retraction comes at least by age 3 - 5 in 90% of normal boys, and by age 10 in all but 1% of the remaining 10. While it can be already retractable right from birth, there is no cause for worry until sometime between potty training and starting school. About then or soon after, a boy needs to be able to take over his own daily cleaning, if he is to keep his foreskin.
Until the time comes, you want to keep checking for, but not forcing, foreskin retraction, as well as teaching the boy to try it himself. He will know better than you how much tugging it can take without hurting.
There are several reasons for this. Just as soon as it's retractable, there is an immediate opportunity for debris, secretions and other stuff to get up under it, which can lead to problems. It is also the only way to find out if there is a problem with phimosis, so that it can be treated early. Frequent and even prolonged retraction is not just important for peeing and cleaning, but also encourages proper penile growth and development. The head needs to get out and breathe often.

Sundaye- your reply was very informative.
I had a case of phimosis when until i was arround 15. I was pretty close to infection, i think, when i peeled back my foreskin, (to find an unknown civilisation, which i quickly erdicated) and it was very uncomfortable for a while. I was really disgusted with myself. Before that if i tried to retract the skin it hurt alot. I wondered if i was the only one that this happened to. It makes me feel alot better to know that i am not. My docter never took this issue up with me. I turned out perfectly fine, however I would advise you to either go with circumcision, (especially if you live in a warm climate) or make shure that what happened (or DIDNT) to me doesnt happen to your son.

Good advice from Max.