Hello! I would like to learn something new. Given that only begins to study medicine interested me the next area. What can be guillain barre? I’ve heard that is like a syndrome or something like that. That what I really need is how looks like physical therapy protocol? For that information I am ready to wait and to be very grateful. Thanks for your correspondence.

Hello there,

Well first of all Guillain-Barre syndrome is an autoimmune disorder which affects the nerves outside the brain and spinal cord and it is very rare.

Unfortunately there is not known cause of the Guillain-Barre syndrome and it can affect people of all ages. When it comes to treatment it is necessary to get initial medical care after you have been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome. It is necessary that doctors monitor your breathing and other body functions.

When it comes to the rehabilitation you must be aware that sometimes months are needed to recover from this syndrome. Physical therapy stimulates muscles and joints to rebuild strength, flexibility and range of motion and this can last for months.