My husband has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome and he's been totally paralyzed and this syndrome threatened his life. Doctors said his life is not in danger, but that he might need months to fully recover and to be able to walk again. But despite the doctor reassured me, I'm still worried. Will my husband walk again? 

Hi Guest,

Most patients with Gullain-Barre do recover.  It can take a while and some patients do have lingering after effects - muscle weakness or numbness.

Recovery depends greatly as to how early treatment started.

Talk to the doctor or get a second opinion if you have any doubts.

Hope it helps.  Good luck to you both.

Thank you for your reply. Doctor said my husband was lucky because of early diagnosis, so they started treatment right away. I hope he will recover as you said. Thank you for kind words.

Best of luck to you too.

This. He will need a few months of physical therapy and a positive attitude. I had GBS 6 years ago. There is life after GBS..but is truly a reality check to what is important in life.

My husband was misdiagnosed for a month his signs started July 30,2012. He was finally diagnosed August 30,2012 started his treatments of IVIG, my husband now walks short distance but has to sit right away can't stand for a long period of time, he has a morphine pump in him to help with the pain, and he has a supra pubic cathered cause it took a hit to his bladder. His moved from head with memory loss, and slurring speech then feet to the waist. My husband has long term memory loss, his speech is getting some what better if he is in a large crowd then his anxiety kicks in and the speech gets slurry. My husband sleeps in a hospital bed, sometimes he has problems with short term memory sometimes he doesn't know who I am which is the hard part of this. My husband is 33 yrs old. He still have to require the wheel chair for long distances, and sometimes still needs the walker. It has been almost two years in July. I constant worry, cause I have done research on this and I just have to try to trust in God, it is what it is we can't change it.