Time 4:34am had cortisone shots yesterday at 10:am and am wide awake didnt think this would happen if you take sleep meds will it counter act with cortisone shots?

I had my second cortisone injection in hip and got zero sleep.. Terrible night sweats, heart racing, pulse booming so much I was shaking and woke with a red flushed chest. My whole leg also was numb for hours and hours after. Felt terribly anxious. Awful. Hope it sorts itself out! Glad I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Thanks I had to cortisone shots in knees this afternoon and could not sleep at all and now watching sun coming up and drinking coffee (decaf) and still wide awake at 7 am....Wondered if it was a freak think but I guess not...Thanks for telling us you had same...JP in FLA

I had mine at 10:30am and its 6am now. Wide awake!! And my arm still hurts!!

I've had my 2nd cortisone shot for my plantar fasciitis and Yes absolutely I'm having trouble sleeping both times..been up all night with no success of falling asleep both times!

Shot yesterday @ 10:00 am. Still awake the next morning at 7 am.
4 sleeping pills, still awake.

Cortisone shot in my knee yesterday and I couldn't fall asleep all nite I was in a what I call twilight sleep half sleeping half awake, Perhaps who ever said this should not produce that side effect has not studied people who are very susceptible to sleep from one Ibuprofen,

I had a cortisone shot today for a swollen throat, I have had these before swore off of them especially when I have to work the next day with no sleep, l also took a whole ambien about 30 minutes before bedtime did my deep breathing exercises.and listened to epic ran sounds on tube which has always help me to drift off to sleep but these steroid drugs keep you awake, if my throat had not have been so swollen I would have just opted for the z. Pack is there anything that overrides the cortisone Ativan maybe anything

I am awake took an ambien at 8 tomorrow, I also have to work and drive, will it help if I take an Ativan tonight don't usually take in the same night for my insomnia

They need to lower the mili gram they gave me 10 mg wanted 5 mg

Do you have to work that's my problem can't sleep makes my work dangerous

I just had cortisone in both knees today. Not my first time but this time I can't sleep. I work nights and have slept 2 hour today and then back up wide awake. I'm a nurse do the cortisone has to be it

I am having the same thing with sleeplessness!! Got the shot yesterday at about 2:30 and now it's 6:30 and I have fallen asleep twice for 5 minutes and once for about 25!!! This sucks!!!

2:30 PM and now 6:30 AM