I'm glad to know my experience last night is normal. I had cortisone/steroid injection in my right shoulder yesterday and last night I slept about 2 hours (MAX).... I'm not sleepy this morning. I am, however experience a small headache?

I had a cortisone injection in my elbow today around 3:00pm. I have had other cortisone injections in the past but never experienced no sleep until this one!!! I took benedrl around 6:00pm because I have had cortisone flare in the past. Even the Benadryl did seem to make me tired. I am a sleeper. Went to bed at 11:00pm and I have been up since 1:30...can't sleep!! Tomorrow should be an interesting day!!

I had my first cortisone injection in my knee yesterday morning at 8:30 a.m. Here it is 3:45 a.m. the next morning and I'm still awake. It's very strange but I have also had the hiccups this entire time and I have not had those since I was a teenager. I go into work at 7:00 a.m. and I hope I can last the day. I'm a 62 year old male

I had an injection on a Tuesday October 6th 2015 and Wednesday the 7th, night I could not sleep. There was a lot of solar activity in earth's atmosphere as well. I am sensitive to both cortisone and solar activity.

I had two cortisone shots yesterday, one in each knee I was tossing and turning all night and also have a dull headache. These were not my first shots (had them in my shoulder and thumbs before) and I've had the same effects with the other shots. When I asked my Dr. if I should expect this yesterday, he said no. Obviously, that doesn't apply to me!

I had my first injection today at 10:15am it is now 3:30 am and no sleep. I usually go to bed at 10:30 pm. Hour and a half after injection I got a strong headache. It's a dull headache now also slightly nauseous later in the evening.

Yes I must confess, had shot around 1:30 pm in my ankle joint, too bed at 11pm never slept until 4am, wide awake at 6:30 it's the shot no doubt...

Glad I'm not insane!! Had my first x-ray guided cortisone cocktail in my hip @ 3 PM today. It is now 3:45 AM and wide awake!! Guess I found I am not alone. But if this takes the pain away I'll gladly read another book!!

I had a cortisone under CT scan for my L5 S1 prolapsed disc yesterday at 12.30 pm. It is my 2nd injection since May. The first time no side effects. Today after about 40 mins I started to get a burning sensation in my chest and left shoulder. Which then turned into sharp pain in my chest for about 10 mins Then it stopped and just my cheeks felt warm. Tonight I couldn't sleep until 2.30am, then woke again at 4.39am, which is now. Never have a problem sleeping usually.....

i had the same thing happen to me : a cortisone injection yesterday am and did not fall asleep until 12:30 am which is 4 hours past my sleep time. I did not sleep well after that. whish someone told me.....

I took a transatlantic flight and travelled 15 hours without sleep and felt poorly on arrival feverish , went to Gp who diagnosed sinusitis , posdibly viral but still prescribed a cocktail of antibiotics and cortisone . I was nailed in bed for 24 hours but haven't slept 2 full nights in a row except from 5 to 6 am before heading out to work . It's the cortisone I m told , but does this mean that I will have to catch this sleep back when my course is over ? Am I going to be drowsy and sleepy the next 3 days ?
Thank you
J

I did my second shot today and l got the headache and I've not sleep all night I'm still awake what should I do

2:30am and I'm still awake not sleepy. I got cortisone shot in my knee today. I'm 69. Glad to find this site, thought I was losing it.

I was sick all weekend with cold/crud, I went to the doctor on Monday morning. He suggested I get a steroid shot to help me feel better quick. I agreed. I have not been able to go to sleep or if I do happen to fall asleep, I just manage to stay asleep about an hour. I feel some what nervous or jittery. Here is is 3:30 am still up. He also said it would spike my blood sugar level for a few days. I didnt ask him if I needed to do anything with my dosage during this time. Also, he prescribed to me Levofloxacin 750mg which I took one of those about 11:00 AM this same day. Ive been reading the papers you get with the prescription and noticed that it may not mix well with oral anti-diabetes medicines or insulin, which I take both of. But far as I knew, he knew I took these meds, so Im wondering if I my body could be reacting like this do to that. I also took an Alegra to help stop the runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Did I just put too much new meds in my body at one time?

Got 60 .mg. In e.r
And couldn't sleep
B