I've had insomnia for many years. I had been taking trazadone 50 mg. Was waking up all through the night. I went on Lunesta 25 mg and I seemed to be sleepy all the next day and found myself doing dangerous things while driving due to the sleepy state. I was on the Lunesta about 6 months. I went off the Lunesta and went back on the trazadone 50 mg and I wake up in the night and the next morning, with severe headaches. My doctor gave me a prescription for zolpidem 10 mg because I can't afford the Lunesta. I'm wondering if the zolpidem will just be a repeat of the sleepy after effect the next day. I wish I didn't have to take these drugs. The trazadone didn't used to give me headaches but I wasn't sleeping through the night. I don't know what to do. I tried lowering the dose of trazadone but I couldn't fall asleep. I hope you can advise me. Thanks, Audrey Joe

Hi Audrey, I'd like to be able to help you with this but I'm a little unclear on what it is exactly you're asking about. Do you want to know if the zolpidem is going to be better for you? I think it would be worth a try because I know that prescription drugs have diffrent effects on different people so it would be worth your while to at least try it out. Really there's only one way to find out so let us know how it goes for you, okay? I'd like to hear how you're doing.