I have been prescribed with Lunesta for my sleeping problems. Come to think of ti, I havent had a good night sleep in last two years. Anyway, lunesta relly helps and I have finally starting to bring my life back to normal. The Doctor told me I could have a glass of wine, or an equivalent while on lunesta, but not more. Why is drinking while on lunesta not a smart thing to do?

Very simple. You will get high, and believe me, you will not have a minute of sleep in that case. I will just explain how it goes. You could get lost in your own bathroom, start calling people on the phone, picking up numbers randomly, dance with the trash can in the yard, trying to chase the cars in the street with the same trash can in the hands. And who knows what else. So, one glass of wine (not big) is all that you can take.

Actually they warn you not to drink because Lunesta and Drinking will lower your heart rate being they are both suppressants. They may even stop you from breathing. Trust me I know.

It may have different effects on different people, but 95% of the time it will make you go to sleep if you drink more than your share. I don't care who you are

This actually sounds like a fun night! Lol... Yes, alcohol and Lunesta are not a good mix. It's documented. They're both CNS depressants. Depress the CNS too strongly and breathing stops. Not a good thing... Best not to chance it.

How much is too much haha

No, not this. That sounds like an Ambien response. Lunesta is much more mild and won't make you trip like Ambien does. I've heard horror stories of Ambien which mostly sound true but I'm on Lunesta now and it still takes effort to go to sleep. Even after a bottle of wine which probably isn't helping due to sugar and alcohol keeping me up. Ambien on the other hand id be tripping

Ambien can make you hallucinate but Lunesta just makes you yawn and wait until youre in bed with your eyes closed to knock you out

I've had bad experiences taking ambien and drinking wine... I'm afraid to take Lunesta if I've had ANYTHING to drink... the dr prescribed 3mg which is the strongest dosage but I've yet to take it... but you have had an entire bottle of wine and you don't "sleep walk/eat"? The dr told me I could have wine with dinner but I'm not so sure...

I would say half beer is the limit

When u drank that bottle of wine did u tolerate lunesta ok? Any symptoms?