I have been on Ambian cr for about 2 years. I want to get off of it now. I have stopped it cold turkey for 1 night now and it was pure hell. I was really sick and could ot sleep or relax. I felt like my body was in shock. I am a 53 year old female in good health. Is ther anything I can take to help me as I withdraw? Tylenot pm or benadryl? Would that even help? I do not like being dependent on this drug and wish I never started it. I do have a sleep disorder but would really like to be drug free. ANy suggestions. MY sleep disorder is just basic insommnia. I have trouble falling and staying asleep. I have been this way for about 10 years. Thank You. Katie

Sorry I don't have an answer for you - it's been a long time since you posted your question, and I hope that the withdrawal went well for you and that you've found a way to rest drug-free.

You said that you had been on Ambien-CR for 2 years -- was that every night? If not, how often were you taking them? I have an RX and want to avoid over-doing it. Thanks!

Please google "Ambien Rebound". I took Ambien for about 3 years after Interferon treatment for Hepatitis C. When I quit I didn't sleep for about three weeks! I would pass out from exhaustion and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. My doctor switched me to Lunesta 3mg and I can take it or leave it. No "rebound" effect that I know of.

The Ambien I would never had started if I knew what "Ambien Rebound" was. I don't know how to get off of it other than using Lunesta to get to sleep.