hi recently have being experiencing heavy brown discharge between my periods and something it has a smell to it and i'm really scared. nothing is hurting me but sometimes the discharge turn black. please help.

I am having the same exact problem. I am freaking out. It was a couple of days after my period when I had sex and heavy dark brown discharge came out and with an odor too. What in the hell is it?! If anyone can help that would be great. I set up an appointment with a doctor but it's a few weeks away.

Brown discharge usually indicates "old blood." It could be from not having expelled all of the blood from the uterus and vagina during the last menstruation, from "rough sex" that causes minor tearing of the vaginal walls, or from changes in hormones. It's scary at first, but probably nothing major.

If it is really worrying you, see your doctor, and of course rule out pregnancy. Whenever I have that problem it usually goes away after the next period, but it can be indicative of larger problems--for example, anovulation.

Don't worry too much; if you're not in pain it's probably not something major. By all means get it checked out, but don't lose sleep, okay?