hello, i recently had an aboration i the only time i bleed was right after the surgery and when i went to the restroom. 3 days ago i been having brown discharge on the panty liner that i wear, i just starting wearing the patch to. the discharge is orderless, no ichting of any kind. im kinda of worried, can anyone try to help me..

Hello, i also had an abortion about five weeks ago and I too have been having brown discharge and a slight smell. I hope it goes away soon because it is driving me crazy. Its very uncomfotable and irritating especially seeing that before I had the abortion my birth control was causing me to also stay "wet." Now I have an IUD hoping that I won't have those same side effects as the pills. Besides, I end up getting pregnant with the pills.

I believe that our bodies are trying to rid of the post abortion that is still in our bodies. Since the body is not using the pregnant material it has been forced to get rid of it due to the abortion.

Having a brown discharge after period sometimes is just a side - effect, while on some occasion it is something that you should be worried about. But I strongly believe that there is nothing wrong with you. When you had an abortion, this brown spotting can come and go for weeks after an abortion procedure, which is perfectly normal.  It can also happen when you are expecting to have a period.  I know that a lot of ladies are worried about brown spotting, which is OK, because it means that you are worried about your health, but brown spotting simply indicates that the blood was in the uterus for a little while before it came down. But that doesn't mean that you should keep it under the control. 

hi i have the same problem i had a medical abortion 5.5 weeks ago i bleed for a week then it went away no blood or discharge untill now..! which is brown no smell or itchin tho have had unprotected sex a week after the abortion and there on since is it possible im pregnant again??? i dont no when my period should be due as they are very irregular HELP..???

I have the exact same problem, I have had brown discharge for about 2 weeks now and it has been consistent and not going away. This is actually my second abortion that i had procedurally done and the first time around this never happened. I did not go back for my 2 week checkup and i'm extremely worried that something is wrong. Does anybody have a doctors advice about this issue?