Hello. I'm 22 year of female and I would like to get some information about some stuff. You see, I'm already 2 years sexually active and just recently I have notices a strange brown vaginal discharge.
I was very frightened because I have never seen anything similar.
Of course, first thing that it was on my mind is some sexually transmitted disease. I have contacted my doctor who did some testing and told me that it isn’t any STD and that it could be normal to have this brown vaginal discharge.
I'm experiencing this problem already for four months and I have noticed that it occur every time in the middle of my menstrual cycle. Could it be from ovulation?

Hello. I have read your post and decided to help you and explain you some stuff about this brown vaginal discharge.
Like your doctor told you if you notice a brownish tinge in your cervical mucus, relax- there is perhaps nothing to be worry about.
Brown vaginal discharge, especially if it happened around ovulation time- it is almost 100% due to ovulation.
But of course, I can say this only because you have already been to your doctor. This is because vaginal brown discharge could indicate infection or early pregnancy.
So, if I exclude all these reasons- I'm pretty sure that it is from ovulation. Of course, you should practice safe sex to be sure that isn’t caused by early pregnancy.

hello, I usually had a brown discharge after period, but never before. I just can't describe how worried and scared I was when one day, 10 days before I am supposed to get my period, I notice this brown discharge. then, I was reading a lot about this and I know that a brown discharge is a cervical mucus that is tinged with old blood. Now, as this blood ages in the body, it turns brown and that is why this happens. but also it can be because of the ovulation. it is possible for you to notice a pink or brown discharge during the ovulation. after ovulation, progesterone levels rise, which causes the uterine lining to thicken and mature which is completely normal. 

What are the chances of a polup growing out of your cervix being cancerous?

It all depends how old are you and when the polyps occurred. The thing is that cervical polyps are benign if they appeared before menopause. They harmless but they can cause spotting between periods and bleeding during sexual intercourse. These are the most common symptoms.

Cervical polyps may be left to go away on their own during period or menstruation but sometimes they just stay on the cervix. Then they may be removed and most of the time, they are biopsed, to see if they could be precancerous growths because some cancerous growths may resemble polyps. If they have been already diagnosed as polyps, once removed, cervical polyps can return but they wouldn’t be dangerous then either.

It is suspected that cervical polyps are caused by cervical irritations or that they are an abnormal response to the female hormone estrogen. You can’t feel them or see them, only a doc can find them during PAP smear.

C. polyps usually don’t appear after menopause. If they do, they could be suspected of malignancy.

hello i am lin, i had my last period since december2005 and presently i am experencing at first a pink discharge and now a brown discharge. what is wrong with me?

Well Lin, it is very hard to say because you haven’t provided any information about yourself. Your age would be of great importance for starters to see if you could be dealing with menopause or if you are a virgin or had sex and are suspecting pregnancy, etc

It would also be of great importance if you could share with us if you had any procedures done down there, if you are using birth control pills, if you are having regular sexual intercourses, etc

Reporting any additional symptoms could be of great importance as well, so that we could have the slightest idea what the problem may be.

I hope to hear from you real soon!

hi im gabe. im doing some reasearch for my girlfriend...

so she called me and said that she had brown discharge. she didnt mention any pain or inflamation, as this just happpened about half an hour ago, so the situation could change.

her period is not for another 12 days, and even then she is usually 5 or 6 days late. she is 19 years old and she has been sexually active for about two years.

is this a sign of an early pregnancy??? if not, the the **** is it?

any insight to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

--thx 4 all--
--gabe

It could be but it could be not. Considering there is 12 days left until her period, I would rather say this was ovulation bleeding. Ovulation occurs 15+- days before woman’s period is about to start and some woman may experience mild cramping and even bleeding during that period. Implantation bleeding occurs 6-12 days after ovulation, which would be 7-3 days before a woman’s period. Implantation bleeding/spotting means that the fertilized egg has attached itself to the uterus lining and that pregnancy occurred.

It depends on how long her cycle lasts. She could be experiencing some spotting if she is using birth control pills, if she has problems with ovaries. Could it be that the spotting occurred after sex? This could indicate a cervical infection.

If the bleeding/spotting continues or she experiences it again some time, she should definitely see a gynecologist to see if there was a problem.

well ive been reading this whole thing and I actually have a question myself. Well Im sexually active but havent had sex in 3 days and I read somewheres to skip your period when your on birth control just skip the green pills and start over so for the fun of it I decided this month I would do that. I have about another 2 weeks before my next period should occur. And 2 days ago I started getting a brownish coloring a lot after id go to the bathroom and today there was some red in it. And I'm not sure if it could be some dried blood or some breakthrough bleeding because I haven't had a period in over a month, but I'm very curious to what it could be and I really dont think I want to talk to my mom about it because I dont know if i should have been skipping periods. But maybe you could tell me something?

hi, my name's Reese, I'm 19 years old, and I've been experiencing some brownish discharge for a couple of days now. at times it looks like my period, but it's likely impossible because i dont get it until the 11th of the coming month. i've also been sexually active and i fear that this has had an effect on this strange spotting. what do you think is the cause? in one of your responses it says that "Implantation bleeding occurs 6-12 days after ovulation, which would be 7-3 days before a woman’s period. Implantation bleeding/spotting means that the fertilized egg has attached itself to the uterus lining and that pregnancy occurred." since my period does not come until the 11th of July, and today is June 28th, could this possibly mean that i dont qualify for being pregnant?

hey i am drew and i too am doing some researching for my girlfriend. she's 19 and we last had sex (protected and withdrew before ejaculating mind you) on the 5th (that was a wednesday). she last had her period on June 29 (thursday).

Just last friday she informed me that her discharge had brown spots in them. and it lasted for the entire day. Friday was the 16th day into her cycle and i am unsure what the brown spots in her discharge was. is this an indication that i have super precum that 'escaped' and got her pg? any insights would be appreciated.. :-)

How were you protected? A condom?? Birth control pills..? You did say she was protected..

PULL OUT method is not protection, and many women do become pregnant this way.

IF YOU used a condom and there were no breaks or tears, then it would be unlikely your precum could have escaped from said condom.

IF she is on the pill, then her pill protects her from pregnancy! =)

BIRTH CONTROL is low cost and free from many sources! Why not consider birth control pills, it requires little money and no parental consent.

Hi carifairy! :)

I used a condom so i guess i was protected and she isn't on the pill. After cumming, i checked if there were any leaks or breaks (i blew the condom up like a balloon and checked if anything escaped). None.

So i am wondering.. why did she have a brownish discharge?

I'm 19 and still a virgin. my periods have always been irregular so i've never bothered to count days. i went twice to have a pap done but because i'm a virgin they decided not to do it. this was also my choice due to the fact the doctor told me my vaginal opening is abnormaly small.. recentaly i've noticed a brown discharge and its been almost for a week now..i'm not sure what this is i thought i was getting my period because i haven't had one this month yet..but like i said its been almost a week..what could cause this and what does it mean?? any help would be greatly apreciated..sorry for using the reply but i'm not quite sure how to post the question so i just used the reply button.. please help ..i've tried to search the net but haven't found much help on the subject.