about a month or two ago i got an implanon.
i got my period for about 7 days, which is unusual for me but i accepted it.
but now im getting brown discharge, is this nomal with the implanon?

thanks

:l i hope so, i had implanon inserted 8th of may, and i've had my period for nearly a month :/
and now im getting brown discharge... :l

so i really do hope so lol.

ive been on implanon for 2 years now, have had brown discharge pretty much constantly since then. I was told to wait and see if my body adjusted but it hasn't, im bored of waiting now so im having it taken out, but yes i think it is normal, something to do with altering the levels of eastrogen in the blood causing small ammounts of bleeding i think =s dont quote me though

My implanon was inserted June 22 & I found brown discharge July 5th! ): I hope I'm not pregnant.. )':

I got my implant on the 27th of July 2010. I still have it in but now I'm getting a dark brown mucus appearing.
It appears when I get intimate. It doesn't appear any other time apart from this.
Is this normal? Because now I'm rather paranoid when I get sexually active. It's not pregnancy I haven't had sex for a long long time.

Just Wanted to say Thank!
"I DON'T FEEL SO ALONE"
I have been Super scared that i was the only one and been googling it for ages
and i just feel alot better now i know there are pople in the same boat *few*
im poping to my GP soon i will keep you informed of what he says :-D

Hi, im 17 yrs old & i had the 3yr  Implanon inserted April 2009 i didn't have a "regular" period (only spotting) for the 1st year and a half..then in July 2010 I had a period that lasted for about 2 weeks, when i came off i noticed brown kinda watery discharge, The discharge finally stopped and a month later the spotting began again. Note:period=heavier w/ some clots, spotting = light red, discharge = brown & (for lack of better words) kinda creamy feeling... My last period lasted 3 weeks, 1 week spotting after and now its just discharge again. Could it be because im close to my due date 2 get it removed?  

If you haven't had it removed it's probably telling you to remove it because you're not supposed to have it in for longer than three years.

Have you spoken to your GP?

I got the implanon put in on the 8/3/10 my period was normal for the first two months and then went away completely for a year i then got put on cerazette (the pill) for 3 months aswell as having my implanon as i was having irregulars periods once i finished this my period came back after a month of being off the pill but this time it was browny in colour this didnt worry me as it went away after a few days but a month later i got it again stayed for a few days and it went again but came back after 4 days i still have it im back on the pill but its not working (its been almost 3 weeks now) i just want it to stop any solutions :(

I've had it for almost four months and have not had a period the whole time but am now getting brown discharge. is that normal?

this is exactly what is happening to me.

Quote:

sara wrote:

I'm having the same thing, too. Does anyone know how long this lasts?

I had my period a week after having the implanon, which was when my period was scheduled, and since then i've had the brown discharge, my doctor said it's simply the hormones adjusting your body and is nothing to worry about

I am on my second implanon now. I have been using this form of contraception for 5 years and I have only just started getting this kind of discharge myself. This makes me feel like it is not my body adjusting to the hormones; they should be used to it by now!

this is happening to me also. my partner and I had sex for the first time a week ago since I got my implanon put in on Sept. 17 2012 and the day after I have had brownish red dishcahrge....I'm kind of worried I'm pregnant.