Hi, I am 21 years old and I am hoping to get pregnant, I stopped taking the pill in November, after a normal menstruation. I was off the pill for the entire month of December. It is now January 6, 2007, and I am currently 4, almost 5 days late for my period. I had severe cramping this morning (Like I was about to have a VERY heavy period) but so far all I've had is a light to dark brown discharge that barely requires a "junior lite" tampon to absorb. I am still cramping, but usually when I start my period, it is a very heavy flow, so this is very unusual for me. I have no other signs of pregnancy though, and I already took 2 HPTs on Thursday and Friday, both with a negative result. Did I take them too early? I have been a little moody, but I also get that way when I PMS, so I am just not sure what to think. Any advice?

Sarahann, I am in a similar boat as you & wanted to see what the outcome was for you... or did you get any replies to your question?

im 13 (obviously a virgin) and i have some light brown discharge, i started my period last month, is this my period for this month or something else?

I am experiencing the exact same thing, and wondering if I am pregnant.My period was supposed to arrive Friday and I began spotting brown on Saturday with cramps..that always indicate massive bleeding..but no blood ever comes!
Sunday today, still light cramps and the brown spotting is fading away to nothing.Two negative HPT on Friday.

I guess I will test again on Tuesday am if there is still no period..Love to hear anyone's outcome to this.

TO the 13 year old: When your period first starts, it make take a while for it to become regular and 'normal'.Normal meaning every 25-30 days and on schedule.I would chat with your Mom or Dr. and they will probably tell you that it may take 3-6 months (Im guessing) to get regular.It could even tae longer, but ALWAYS talk to Momma, Parent,sister or Dr. if you notice something that makes you concerned.Brown spotting usually means 'old blood' which indicates that it may be just left over blood from your first period.
But, you should carry your pads and tampons with you just in case the real blood comes any old time..it may not always come when expected!
Good Luck :-)

Hi!
I'm going through the same thing. My body is a clock. I always get my period at the same time every month. I always get my period at the same time on Wed. This month I felt the cramps but no period. Two days passed and I started to freak out! On Friday morning I felt cramps still but I had brown discharge. I had some brown spots on Wed... but went away the same day. On Friday when I had the brown discharge that lasted about one day, by Sat. around 10 a.m. my period was gone. I usually have a heavy period and it usually lasts about 4 days. I'm on the patch so I don't know what's going on. I took a HPT but it was negative.

I have an appointment on Thursday to see what's going on. I've had lower back pain (nothing serious) but I do feel uncomfortable. I also have cramps and some spots today! It's Tuesday! This is way out of the normal.

I'm always super tired. Any ideas?

I'm fourteen years old and still a virgin, yet I've been experienced very strong cramps and some light brown discharge these past few days. Also, I'm very sore down there. I'm freaking out because I think I'm pregnant, though it's probably impossible. I don't think I'm late on my period, but I'm scared I will be. Help?

ok, if you ARE still a virgin then DUH its IMPOSSIBLE for you to be pregnant.... but the brown stuff, r u sure its discharge or light dried blood? i have been ahving the same thing too, a period every couple weeks for a couple months, and my cramps have even changed. i was on the shot but my last one was about 8-9 months ago, so its actually taken my body about 5 months before i even started having a period again after the depo shot (which causes your period to taper away as use is continued) and in these past few monthi have been having my period has been awful, the first month or two, i thought i might have been pregnant because this wasnt normal, but a negative pregnancy test and a couple months of the same thing ruled that out. now im just dealing with it because there are a few different reasons for it and this is a common worry in us females when something is wrong. one website i searched a lady said one reason for the brownish color to your blood could be from eating too much junk food which can cause the darkening of the blood. and the dried blood could be from your prevoius period. my cramps are also different since this too, they are very low and sharp pains that come and go all day...... not sure what the cause is but if anyone knos any other possibilities please post!!

ok so i missed my period like a month late but today i just started getting a light flow of brown.. when normally my period is red.. bright red.. could this mean that im pregnant?.. ive been having alot of the symptoms.. feeling sick.. craving.. breats sore.. my stomache feels uncomfortable.. ive been having cramps for about 2 weeks now just little ones but sometimes its so bad were i cnt even move.. cnt sleep ery well at night.. but yet im always tired nd i can sleep all day.. i feel so sick tht i cnt even concentrate in school.. help?

ii totally feel the same way!!i have crams and hurts so bad i had brown spots but how is that possible i really want to get pregnat and i dont want my period to come ..whats happening can you please help me?

i was suppose tp get my period on monday and it is now saturday....yesterday i started gettin brown spotting wit some clots and it's till happening today? i haven't been feeling sick, except for a cold, and i'm been cramping ever since tuesday...am i pregnant?