I'm a 44 yr old male who had grade 4 circumferential thrombosed internal hemorrhoids and an anal tag removed 18 days ago.....like many others I suffered with significant pain and bleeding for 10+ yrs. I kept telling myself it was going to get better but I saw myself bleeding more days than not usually brought on by physical strain/lifting heavy objects, even playing golf. I became a prisoner to this condition and finally decided to take action. Everyone feels pain a little differently, I think a lot of this has to do with the severity of the hemorrhoids too. I researched my doctor well and I felt I had a surgeon as good as anyone in my area. I still feel that way. All of the people who helped me were excellent. Now to the recovery. Pain set in about 3 hrs after the procedure and it was intense. I believe it two days for my first bm after eating just apples, grapes and vicodin plus stool softeners. I've experienced a lot of pain in my life. Nothing could even touch the pain of the first bm. For approximately 7 days the pain was the same excruciating bms, constant pain. On the verge of passing out from the pain and tears on the 3rd day. And I'm a tough guy, former boxer, I don't cry. Now on the 18th day I'd say I feel hopeful I've turned the corner. I am able to use the toilet with stinging pain but it's manageable and has been for 3 days. The swelling has gone down quite a bit but I'm icing constantly and taking lots of sitz baths. My recommendation. Take Ducolax 4 pills each night before you go to bed. Eat healthy food, lots of fruit. Do not sit on the toilet, squat over it, that will help a lot. If you'd have asked me within the first 2 wks if I would do it all over again I would've said hell no! The recovery was brutal for me and it's not over. But now I'm feeling better each day and have hope I can live the active lifestyle that I've been unable to for many yrs now. Best of all no more bleeding for the last 4 days. I think I have a chance at feeling normal again within two wks. Ask me now whether I'd have the surgery if I could go back in time? With every day I'm leaning more towards yes. I tried everything to avoid the surgery and nothing worked. Sticking an ice pack in your butt and trying to stop bleeding for 2 wks while you can't work is no way to live. Which is where I was pre-surgery and the pain was very bad. At about the 2 wk mark post surgery I began to feel better than pre-surgery. I would say plan on missing 3 to 4 wks of work if you have a severe case and if it is severe don't let this scare you away. I would do it again because I'm going to have a normal life not living around my hemorrhoid symptoms, missing work and important family time. The recovery is tough but for some of us a month is nothing compared to the yrs we've lived with them. Do it! But be ready because it's gonna hurt.

Good for you John, there still be pain though, but not as painful as before.

Hoping for your fast recovery John, though you undergone surgery. The bump will still be there, but dont you worry, it's not as painful as before.