My Dad had severe internal hemorrhoids and had the THD surgery almost 2 weeks ago.  The first 24 hours he felt pretty good.  Seemed like it was going to be okay.  Figured he'd have a bad "third day" post-op and then be on to feeling better.  Turns out....he's on Day 11 and things only seem to get worse each day.  He has constant pain and fullness inside of him.  He says it's not really that his anus is hurting...it's his insides.  We are assuming he is constipated.  He had one BM about 3 days post surgery which was nothing more than a runny mess...nothing solid.  Since then he has not went at all.  He hasn't even passed gas.  He is taking the Milk of Magnesia and Mirilax and it doesn't seem to be helping.  I have been glued to my laptop looking up these message boards because it gives me comfort to know that this is a tough recovery period.  My only concern with him is that he is diabetic, overweight, and has bad veins in his leg.  His bad leg is retaining fluid and that worries me. The Doctor just does not seem to be too concerned with all of our worries.  However, we are going to try and take him in tomorrow which will be the second time to take him in for an answer.  I have never been so worried and concerned for him.  Could anyone please tell me if any of you have had an issue with not being able to have a BM movement for such a long time?  That's the only thing I'm not being able to find on here is that.  I'm usually seeing that people are having plenty of BMs which concerns me for him.

Hi tweet00 I also had THD a couple of days ago, I was wondering how your father is doing, I hope he have solved his problems, did he had any complications