Hi im 16 and i have only realised in the past couple of months that i have a tight foreskin and possibly phimosis. I can pull the foreskin back behind my head (which i never used to be able to do) but i cannot pull it much further and it sort of looks like i swollen ring underneath my head...when i flatten out this ring when my penis is flaccid, it looks like the phimotic ring is constricting the shaft of my penis....giving it a waste. When fully erect i cannot pull the foreskin any further then just past my head. Im not sure if this is really a problem...i just don't know that if i have sex with the foreskin behind my head like that...i will develop paraphimosis...even though i don't think i am really prone to that condition. Is there any problem??

I used to have the same problem. Use some good lotion to lube yourself up and just pull it back a little further each day.

Hi Damned foreskin:

You are having the normal development issues that many teens have. You are blessed by having a normal, whole and complete penis.

The foreskin is a complex double-layered structure composed of smooth muscle fiber, skin, mucosa, nerves, arteries, and veins. It is natural, normal, healthy, and its possession contributes to a sense of well-being. The foreskin has protective, sensory, sexual, and immunological functions. It is loaded with nerves and is the site of most of the penile sensation. The foreskin is a “specific erogenous zone.” The foreskin is essential for normal intercourse. Foreskin provides the additional skin needed to allow for penile expansion during erection.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.