Hey guys, i have a little problem. I'm 17 and when my penis is erect the foreskin only opene enough so i can perfectly see the slit of my head. It wont go back anymore. It doesnt hurt even if i try stretch it (it just feels weird). When i do try stretch it, the left of my foreskin seems willing to stretch, but the right side wont move at all. It will open slightly but it wont stretch like the left side will. Im wondering if this is becuase i masturbate with my right hand (all the pressure pulls down the left side of the foreskin).

To be honest ive been fine with this until 3 weeks ago, when i learnt your foreskin is supposed to retract all the way. I dont feel any pain at all when erect or masturbating. I am in a relationship, but we arnt sexually active yet. I'm just worried something is wrong with me. Could i just be going through Puberty a bit slower than everyone else, or is it a serious problem?

Hi Steadyale...

This problem is called 'Phimosis' - tightening of the foreskin.
Can be easily remedied by applying a topical (surface) steroid cream;
twice daily, for four to six weeks. Available at your local chemist/drugstore.

-------------------------------------
BETAMETHASONE CREAM 0.05%
-------------------------------------

Hmm, i thought about that but the thing is i dont feel any pain or discomfort. In fact I didnt even know your foreskin was meant to fully retract until 3 weeks ago! I always thought it was perfectly normal to just have an "eye" down there.

Do i absolutly need to use the cream, or would just masturbating with my left hand (so the right side of my foreskin is tugged down more) do the trick?

Are you able to retract your foreskin over the head?

Yes, masturbation usually resolves the problem, but not always.

I'd suggest you smear the head with a lubricant like white petroleum jelly (vasoline) or KY.

Make sure that when you do become sexually active that you are clean of smegma (head cheese)...

if you don't, be assured that you won't be invited to a second session!!!! a big, big 'put off'.

Best of Luck.

To retract the foreskin, one must grab the foreskin on the shaft and pull it rearward. If the foreskin will not retract then you must consider leaving it as it is or doing stretching exercises to make it retractable. You are fortunate to have a choice.

It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract. Some believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. One just needs to see that your partner is well lubricated before you attempt penetration. One may need to add some personal lubricant if she does not lubricate.

It depends on just how tight your foreskin is. If it is really narrow and absolutely won't retract, then you can have penetrative sex without pain. On the other hand, if it just a little bit tight, then it is likely to be forced back during sex and that will hurt because it is tight. In that case, it probably would be better to stretch your foreskin until it glides easily back and forth.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it.

The goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.

Go to Walmart and get a smaller head size for your penis . Thank me later .