So my girlfriend and I had sex on january 16th and we were only going unprotected for about 30 seconds then we used a condom. She still took plan B the next day so that she can feel safe. About a week and a half later she experienced what she believed to be a heavy period with cramps. It lasted about 5 days. Today is February 9th and she told me that she's been spotting since last Tuesday. What does this mean? Any knowledge will help! I just need to calm her down

Hi Curious.

Spotting is a common side effect of Plan B.  So are:

early or late periods

heavier or lighter than normal periods

bleeding

cramping

sore breasts, etc.

She took it in time.  It is unlikely she is pregnant.  She can always take a home test if she wants - using her first morning urine.

Hope it helps.

Okay anyone else please?! Any input helps!

can this just be another period, but early?

Sorry to keep replying to this but I would just like a little more light shed on it to calm my nerves...I think I'm just being paranoid. NOTE: the spotting stopped today

It could be another period. We can't tell for sure.
She IS having common side effects George. I wouldn't think that she's pregnant.

Anyone else think it could just be another period? Her first period was as scheduled so that would pretty much normally rule out the pregnancy right?