I had sex on April 29th, and took Plan B on May 2nd. Six days later I had some spotting which switched from red to brown, and I wasnt supposed to get my period for another two weeks. I'm just wondering if this is normal and will I still get my period at my expected time? Or is this my period now? It's only been spotting for about two days, and it looks way too light to be my period. No cramping or any discomfort. Please help!

Go to your doctor. I am not sure but isn't the plan B for 72 hours after sex? You took it within the limit but when I took it I was told it is most effective within the first 24 to 48 hours, I can't really help much but even I get the reddish-brown color sometimes, I was told that sometimes during sex the lining inside you can get scratched and result in light bleeding so go get it checked. 

Plan B website says that spotting is very normal and common. You should still get your period at the expected time, but possibly a day or two early or late. The website also has a calculator to give you the percentage of how effective plan b is from the time you had sex to when you took the pill. Knowledge is power!

Hi guys, similar issue.

My girlfriend took the morning after pill after an accident* we had, which was just a week after she finished her period. 5 days later she began to bleed and said it felt like her period (tender breasts, slight cramping) but it was lighter (less blood I imagine). Now she's 5 days late and says she feels no different, either pregnancy symptoms or anything. She usually can tell when a period is coming a few days in advance.

She's had issues with birth control before. The normal pill messed up her cycle too which is why she stopped using it. She would sometimes have 2 in a month.

I'm in serious panic mode, and she's more laid back. I'm terrified. There's little I've found to suggest the early bleeding can be period, nearly everywhere says the period should come as scheduled. 

I just don't know what to do.

I hope you can help.

*The accident isn't significant. The condom split, and I noticed straight away and pulled out. No ejaculate, but obviously precum was a concern and that's why we decided to take the pill. The chances of her being pregnant are slim anyway, but now we're concerned.