Hello, i have been searching the internet now for about 3 days trying to find info about this... Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex, i pulled out b4 i got off, but we decided to go at it again(big mistake). After we had finished i took her home. I started to think and got super worried, so the next morning i went to the local drug store and bought plan b. The thing is she is already on her period, and she took the plan b. Im wondering if anyone else has had experiance with this. Is it less likely for her to get preg or something cause im worrying myself sick. But from what i can tell it isnt bothering her to much since i had her read a bunch of stuff about it. Also, another thing to add, her period has been going longer also, 4 days longer i think she said. Please, im in need of information, im worrying myself sick here. And to the people that read this, thank you very very much for taking the time to read this really long post.

Your girlfriend and you should stop worrying! Plan B, when taking within 48 hours, is extrememly effective. It is even more effective if taken within 24 hours. Also, your girlfriend was most likely not fertile since she was on her period. It is very rare for a woman to get pregnant while on her period. Also, since you didn't cum inside her, this again lessens the chance of her being pregnant.

The prolonged bleeding is most likely from the Plan B... it usually causes women to spot or bleed, or shorten or lengthen her period. She may experience some breast tenderness and other pms like symptoms from the Plan B as well. Be advised: her next period may come early/late and may be lighter/heavier than usual.

Have you two looked into birth control methods.. such as the pill? It's extremely effective, and she can get it at a clinic (such as planned parenthood) without her parents knowing if that is a concern. Nowadays, birth control is very affordable... especially when considering how much 1 pack of Plan B costs!

Best of luck with everything! I would just relax... her chances of being prengnant are TINY! You can have her take an at home pregnancy test around 14-15 days after the incident happened (I suggest getting an early detection kit such as First Response, and using morning urine b/c would contain the most amount of pregnancy hormone) if you need to put your mind at ease. But I think you should just relax.. you did the right thing by getting plan B!

Ok, thank you for the information... But she is starting to get worried because she is having sharp stomach pains... Any ideas on that?

Sharp stomach pains can be associated with an ectopic tubal pregnancy - when the embryo attaches inside the fallopian tube. This type of pregnancy is very dangerous to the mother's health and is usually terminated by a doctor. You need to watch the symptoms closely, because the fallopian tube could eventually burst. Keep an eye out for these symtoms of an ectopic pregnancy:

Severe Lower back, abdominal, or pelvic pain
****Shoulder pain
Cramping or tenderness on one side of the pelvis

However, I personally wouldn't be alarmed. I'm just telling you the signs as a precation... don't stress out about it - I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. From personal experience, after taking Plan B, I got pretty bad cramps and backaches, along with breast tenderness. Stressing about the possibility of being pregnant, just made any symptom them worse. Again - your girlfriend took the plan B within 24 hours... making it SUPER effective. Not to mention the mere fact that since she was on her period, it would be very very rare if there was even an egg there ready to be fertilizied. Oh yeah - and you didn't ejaculate in her!!!

I know the idea of prengnacy is scary, especially if you are a teen. Try to take this stressful experience and turn it into something good - like a lesson to use protection next time!! But for now, try not to stress out about it... the numbers are with you - the chance of her being pregnant is is basically zero... its tiny!

Ok, when I went over after work today i asked her if the pain in her side was still coming and going, and she said that it hadnt yet today, so we will see how it goes for the rest of the night... Ill post tomorrow to update you. By the way, i would like to say thank you emmybear for your quick respones, this is very helpful for both me and her. Thank you very much!

Well, she hasnt had any more sharp pains or anything like that, so i guess we will wait till her next period comes to see... =-(

Is she supposed to spot after taking the Plan B?

Hi, um I had sex on the first day of my period and now my boyfriend hurried up and bought me plan b..is it safe to take while on the period?

Hey team!

I just have a real quick question. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the second real day of my period (that is, heavy bleeding for a full 24 hours, plus 6 hours into the next day). I usually spot a little directly before my period. I'm on a fairly normal cycle, maybe a little bit longer than the norm. Should I take Plan B? Or would that be a waste of moneY/

It is very rare to get pregnant on your period. You have a better chance to getting hit by lightning. Counting the day her period starts as Day 1, most women ovulate between Day 10 and Day 20. For most women, Day 12 to Day 16 is the most fertile time.

Plan B is not needed when a woman is outside her fertile time. Plan B is not a joke. It's an intensive amount of hormones that can and will wreck havoc with a woman's body.

Your girlfriend did not need Plan B. If you had sex right before your period came on, you do not need Plan B. If you had sex one day after your period went off, you probably do not need Plan B.

Stop panicking and start researching. If you're going to have sex, have it responsibly and know what you're doing.

Last post: 10/30/09 - 16:37

Little late bro.

^ haha hilarious.. yeah they've probably moved on to plan c by now-

hi i had unprotected sex, i took plan B within 48 hours ( around 6:20 on the 2nd day) but i started my period the day i took the pill, and that was before i took the pill should i be concerned ....could i be pregnant

This info was extremely helpful! thank you!

Question!

I took my birth control pill last month and got my period normally, then started taking my next set of birth control pills once my period was done, but after the first week I ran out of birth control pills and could not get more until later in the week. So I got my period again within two weeks of my last period ( I take birth control to get regular periods) and on the second day of having my period I had unprotected sex. So now I'm thinking I should take the plan b pill because when I googled if you could get pregnant on your period it said its more likely if you have a short time in between periods and that's what happened to me. Should I take the plan b pill? Please help, I'm so confused on if I should waste the money on plan b.