I'm 19 and uncircumcised. My foreskin can't be pulled back the end of foreskin is too narrow, i can pull my foreskin back about 1/2 a cm down my glans without being erect then it starts to hurt. This has not been a problem for me yet because i don't experience any pain when going erect. I didn't know untill recently that your foreskin is ment to be able to be pulled back rite off your gland. This is so Embarrassing. Is it possible to have sexual intercourse without being able to pull back the foreskin. Or will it maybe tear the foreskin. If so will i need to become circumcised, or will i haveto Stretch the foreskin. Please help!

Hi Text,

Don't be embarrassed.  It's not like you go around all day comparing foreskins.

Start stretching now.  It may be uncomfortable but you don't need to hurt yourself.  The more often you can stretch it the quicker it will loosen.  Your doctor may be able to prescribe a steroidal cream that may help.

Your glans will be sensitive.  This is normal as it has been protected.

Question: how are you removing smegma if it is as tight as you describe?

If you don't notice any improvement in a three-four weeks see a urologist.  There are other options besides circumcision.  For now, wear a condom if you have sex and it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck.

My main concern was weather or not it would effect having sexual intercourse, i heard that if you dont pull your foreskin back before putting the condom on and having sex it can tear the foreskin, I havent really been cleaning under my foreskin didnt know your ment too. i will begin streching my foreskin and also washing the smegma. Hopefully end up seeing my full glans for the first time. Thats good that it shouldnt be a problem having sexual intercourse with my Foreskin problem, its a relief. Thank you

You can stretch it gently for 3 - 6 months with betamethasone (prescription) ointment and you should become comfortably retractable.

I you apply a condom with the skin positioned over the glans and use a sexual lubricant, intercourse should be no problem. 2% - 4% of intact adults aren't retractable and only half of those choose to do anything about it.

Some guys have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.