Hi. I had a traumatic brain injury, due to a car crash. I don`t feel very well. My behavior has changed. I am more passive and quiet than ever. Nobody seems to recognize me. They think I am scared I guess. I am quite, however, because I have a communication problem. Is brain damage reversible? Will I get better?

Hi. My grandpa had a brain injury and he got better after 2 years of therapy. Recovery can take weeks, months, years, it all depends on which area of the brain is damaged, and how bad is it.
Many patients found it very frustrating. The first results occur very fast, but this improvement speed tends to slow down over months (and years). It is best to start with therapy as early as possible, while the patient is still hospitalized.

First poster: you NEED to get your self to a NEUROPHYSIOLOGY for an

evaluation. This is critical. Find one in your area and make an appointment.

Most family doctors do not diagnose this condition well...so find a

NEUROPHYSIOLOGY and have someone take you there, no matter how

far away it is. It will be the beginning of the rest of your life!

Mild TBI can often get better with rehab, so take heart. It will take time

though. One day at a time.

You need to see a neurologist, they can help you. Parts of the brain can be re-trained through intensive therapy to take up the functions that other parts of the brain originally did. You need an extensive evaluation and maybe a psychiatrist could help you deal emotionally with the effects it has had on you. You'll be okay! The most important thing is that you keep looking for answers and keep trying.