My sister had a car crash and she is hospital now. Her kids need to be taken care, so, I jumped in. My nephew is taking carisprodol. I need to know more about this medication. I do not want to do something bad to my nephew. I am not able to talk this over with my sister so I must find information this way. Please, can you tell me what carisoprodol is?

Carisoprodol is muscle relaxant, which can be addictive, so if your nephew is younger than 12 years old he is not supposed to take this drug. Carisoprodol is prescribed for treating injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions. Possible side effects of Carisoprodol can be extreme weakness, fast heart beat, seizure, agitation, etc. If any of this occurs, take him to hospital and bring the medication with you.

Carisoprodol /SOMA is an oral muscle relaxer that works by blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain. The exact mechanism of action of Carisoprodol/ SOMA is unknown. This is believed that Carisoprodol/ SOMA may works by altering/ blocking communication among nerves in parts of the brain that control the sensation of pain and in the spinal cord. With proper mental and physical rest SOMA/ Carisoprodol is used to treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions. SOMA/ Carisoprodol tablets are available as 250 mg and 350 mg round, white tablets. SOMA/ Carisoprodol drug product include Alginic acid, Magnesium Stearate, Potassium Sorbate, Starch, and Tribasic Calcium Phosphate. Carisoprodol / SOMA may also be used for other purposes not mentioned in this website. Carisoprodol/SOMA is manufactured and marketed in the United States by Meda Pharmaceuticals under the brand name SOMA, and in the United Kingdom and other countries under the brand names Sanoma and Carisoma. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use