Hi. I was wondering if one night of partying using cocaine and alcohol could cause and permanent brain damage. About a month ago, I did this and didn't sleep at all for days afterwords. I missed work on those days which really stressed me out. I was worried I had permanently damaged myself and now I can't get any sleep at all. I feel dizzy and disoriented every day and it doesn't seem to go away. I was wondering if you could tell me if it will if I just relax and get a few good nights sleep. thanks

I don't know much about drugs, but if you're having such adverse affects, you need to go see a doctor. You may be embarrassed to admit this to a doctor, but it's important if you want to get treated.

hi i am responding to the question about the person who partied all night and felt disoriented after...i am feeling the exact same way and am worried this feeling will never go away..i feel i cant focus and feel high still in a way..a week later..if u went to the doctor or have some answers can you please write back..thank you

I also feel this way, I tryed coke like 2 months ago and my brain feels like there's tension in it and it won't relax, I can't sleep. my body goes in convusions and its a constant feeling that won't go away I feel like im suffering constantly. I think i damaged something in my brain but the doctors just say im depressed. I know its not phycological, none on the medicine works, if anything it makes it worse. if any one knows what is going on please help

The same thing has happend to me. it has bin 2 weeks. the first week was very hard for me. the 2nd week i had a cat scan. the doctor said that my brain is normal. i still fill the same but with out the stress. the stress is making you fill worse. like the person said Stop worrying. I'm going to try the body detox or if you tryed it please let me know if it works if not i'll let you know. my doctor is running more tests. if he finds anything i'll let you know. i think everything will be ok just give it more time. i hope you get better.

Can anyone let me know if they have made a full recovery from this yet. I have been going through the same thing with the disorientation and other symptoms for about 6 1/2 weeks now. I would be nice to know if there is a light at the endof the tunnel. My MRI and blood workd came up clean so it is hard to tell if I will actually recover.

I don't know about the others but i have excepted what has happened to me and i fill allot better. I have bin doing things that are challenging to me and I think it's helping. I don't think that anyone has had a full recovery. when the brain cells die they can't be repaired. so like my doctor told me do thing that are challenging so the info will reroute and you get better over time. this is what i was told and i believe it. good luck

Superrich-

I thought it could be the same thing but isn't that classified as a stroke? and wouldn't the MRI i got pick it up? I would like to talk to you more about this. If i could reach you through e-mail or some other way let me know. I would like to know what your doctor said and what you are doing to make it better. Thanks for the help...I need it.

Hi Superrich,

Wouldn't that be a stroke then and your cat scan or my MRI would have picked it up. I dont know what tot believe but I know that I'm not right. I would like to talk to you more through e-mail or something to see what your doctor said and what you are doing to make it better. Let me know if that is possible.
-D

Coming down from cocaine will make you tired, not sleepless. Unless, this is a bad batch of coke going around nowadays, there's no reason for symptoms like this. You've damaged your brain cells but no more than the rest of the world glued to the tv, internet and cell phones. You'll cause yourself more grief giving in to these issues you're having so stop. Just get over the fact that you did cocaine and alcohol together. There are way worse combinations than that and those users are not walking around convulsing. And don't take antidepressants if you're not depressed. That will only mess around with your brain chemistry even more. All cocaine does is stop the brain from communicating certain messages to the body by blocking the dopamine receptors. Dopamine is essential for relaying the messages to wherever that message is supposed to go. Your brain is still producing dopamine though and it builds up in your brain and thats why you feel numb and wonderful like nothing is wrong. After a few minutes, the receptors become unblocked, but then you have no dopamine and this is the reason you can't think clearly for maybe a day or two. But you guys seem to be giving way too much credit to cocaine. Just let it go so you can get some sleep.

I don't think you get what has happened to us. this is not just a few days. its bin a few months even longer for some of us. I sleep well. I had to except what happened to me before I got a little better. I fill the same way but with out the stress. this isn't going away any time soon. There are a few thing that I agree with, let it go so you can get some sleep and don't take antidepressants if you don't need them.

Hi all,

I want the non-believers on here to know that cocaine can absolutely cause problems after the first time you use it. I have been having problems for four months now after one time use. I have had an MRI that did not turn up anything but then I had A QEEG (measures and maps brain function throughout the brain) and it found signifcant changes in several areas of my brain related to visual processing. I haven't been able to drive for four months and had no history of mental illness. I have been doing nuerofeedback to try and correct the problems. You should view all of the drug induced disorders, stroke, and other complications before you give advice on a subject that you do not know anything you about. For all the people struggling in the beginning, please hang in there because it does get better over time. Do not do drugs!

-D

I am experiencing the same exact thing, I am a student in college and I did a line of coke and it was my first time, I also drank excessively and it proved to be one of the worst things that I have ever done, I can't focus and Im having a lot of trouble with cognitive skills like reading and writing and thinking if anyone knows how to make this better please please let me know, im very very scared

I know that it has been a long time since you wrote (message from guest on 11/16/08) so hopefully you will read this. Although I know that there is nothing I can say to help you feel better because I was where you were (and probably worse) a few months ago. Please hold onto your sanity and just have faith that things will get better for you. The only things that have really helped me so far are a lot exercise, eating healthy and distractions. Push yourself through your studies and give it time. You will lose the fear of it and start to make progress. I cant say that your situation is the same as mine but what I have learned is that this is a long haul process of healing so get mentally prepared to handle this for a few months and you will be o.k. eventually. Doctors will not be able to relate to you and be careful about the meds you take because some will make things worse. I have chosen to go through months of suffering without meds and I have gotten better without them. I hope you are doing well. I will check this board for the next couple of weeks if you have anymore questions.

over 70% of people who do cocaine mix it with alcohol- due to the increased enjoyment factor. cocaine gets out of your system within 72 hours (more or less) so if anyone if experiencing restlessness, anxiety and sleepiness nights WEEKS after using it, you might want to see yoru doctor because the chances that coke is causing this from that one night a couple weeks ago, is extremely unlikely. as it is not even in your system anymore.
i agree with the above, you are giving coke waayy too much credit for typical human neurology and normal adult anxiety problems.