I was born with some heart problems. Now, I have 22 years, and I am healthy or I feel like that. Recently I have heard that ecstasy can damage your heart. I am a user of ecstasy for 5 years. Is this true; can ecstasy damage your heart? What else can it damage? Brain?

Some research was done about ecstasy and dangerous thing were found. Yes ecstasy, with long term use can damage your heart. Brain can be damaged after very first use of ecstasy. That is why your first trip is repeated. Ecstasy can also damage your liver, nerves and what is most important your life. But it is your life and your decision.

i have been taking ecstacy for roughly 6 yrs over the yrs i would honestly estimate to have taken around 3000 to 3500 pills thats probably being generous, iv nearly died twice where my heart has just been overloaded, and for 3 days in hospital was taking medication to keep my heart beat down coz at 1 stage it was beating at 189 bts pm and this went on for a long time, iv suffered from depression, where nothing would make me happy, and if i did see something happy like a happy add or a couple of birds playing id cry, i have a permanent heart murmour which inever had, and my speech and time of thought has deinitly change to the point im talking and have to slow down and think properly coz wat i think and say come out different. im not sure if ecstacy is addictive, but if im asked to go out ill decline as i cant have a good time without the drug, socially on the drug im the most confident, caring, or care free, loving person about, without it i suck lol, so this is more a quote then a question, im a smart man im 25 i earn great money i give my son the world, my wife everything, but cant let go of this little pill which i know is probably slowly killing me, wat do i do?

I think that I have this luck because I was able to get rid of my ecstasy addiction that lasted for a couple of years. Those feelings that I was getting while I am on this are now something that I can't describe you. Every time those ecstasy effects made me feel so powerful for four or five hours, and after that, I felt so miserable. Poor. Pathetic! Anyway, maybe it would cost me a life now because I never planned to stop taking it. Especially when I was going out to some parties, festivals, etc. Soon, I was diagnosed with damages on my liver. That was one thing that "woke me up" from this night mare. I find out that all users, especially those who are using this very often and for a long are risking rotting their lives and damaging their hearts and brains. 

When you mentioned that you've nearly died twice from your heart being "over loaded" what exactly do you mean by that statment other than "3 days in hospital was taking medication to keep my heart beat down coz at 1 stage it was beating at 189 bts pm and this went on for a long time" what was the entire experience like? :Name: irrelevant -Age: 22 (21 @ the time of 1st 2 incidents & 22 for the other 2 incidents, weight 110- 115 lbs. I am asking you because I am going through a very difficult & confusing time myself in regards to a few possible UNTREATED over doses (3 between the months of April/May of 2008 to October 5, 2008. 3 of the incidents occured after taking ecstasy pills & the most recent incident occured a day ago after ingesting 20 mg oxycontin. The 1st incident was the worst in which I snorted about 9-14 little bumps of cocaine and then went to a desert rave for the weekend with a bunch of so called "friends". The 1st night we arrived I took roughly 8 pills of "x" didn't sleep until the next afternoon but only for about 25 minutes, didn't eat anything until the 2nd night in which i ingested another 8-12 pills of "x" after eating a bit of food. The pills were without a doubt, cut with meth. As I was getting ready to settle down for the remainder of the evening... I began to feel this zap in my chest... kinda like a tickle zap tho... then it intensified and finally, it got so bad that it started to burn and my heart was beating so fast and so hard.... it hurt a lot. The majority of my "friends" payed no attention to my pain so after laying in our camper/RV for hours, I noticed that the sun was up and I decided to go outside... big mistake. I sat in a chair in front of our fire, not too close tho I was hot enough but I tried to calm myself down.... and I began to black out... I am a stubborn person & refused to die so I began to focus on my breathing... I didn't want to die so I layed down on a huge luvsack bean bag type of thing and the friend who gave me the pills earlier that evening and the evening before layed behind me and helped me focus on my breathing. After roughly 8 hours of feeling as if I was going to die or that my heart was going to explode... this girl from our camp fed me some benedryl... oblong pink pills & to my surprise... I fell asleep & woke up alive. The pain in my chest had subsided The RV was sitting 5 feet away from where I layed on the luvsack/bean bag & I finally managed to crawl back into one of the beds where I spent the remainder of the day laying around & gripping my chest with my hand. If I got up, the pain would start again... I would have to focus on my breathing patterns and I felt like I was going to die all over again & for 2 days it continued to hurt. The 2nd time it happened was a month or 2 later after taking only 1 pill, the 3rd time it happened I had taken 4 pills & the most recent incident was a day ago after I snorted 20 mg of oxycontin. OK, I have learned my lesson... don't do drugs!!! I get it... now plz someone tell me wtf is going on with my heart!!! I have seen 2 doctors (2 seperate trips to the ER nearly 3-4 months after the 1st initial incident & they both ran EKGs and did Xrays & the 1st EKG said something about a damaged valve & a damaged chamber & a block somewhere.... the 2nd doctor (a month after I saw the 1st doctor) said that my EKG was normal but that I had Pluracy... which I treated exactly how he instructed me to do so and still... I get sharp pains in my chest. So who do I believe and WTF is going on my with my heart...???? Can ANYBODY help me? :?

iv bin takin ecstasy since i was 12 i'm now 22 its a long time i know but it took a hold of me i know people say u cant get addicted to it but u can !

It wasnt just pills it was M.D.M.A to .

I have had some stuff happen to my heart it really scared me !!! i thought i was gunna die it was that intense. i had double dropped 1 night and i was just comin up that weird feelin u get just before it kicks in then all of a sudden its was like my heart stopped or it was beatin so fast that it felt like it had !!!
It was like i could feel the blood drainin out my hole heart and my body tensed up i couldnt move it hurt so much.it felt like i was bein sucked in i know that sounds weird but thats wat it felt like .
This went on for a few minutes then all of a sudden it was like the biggest rush i have ever had and i was fine ever since then it has happened a few times but never as long and so powerfull like it was.
my friends told me it was nothin to worry about . but they dont understand how much it hurt .

okay well this is my story. im 19 years old. and i was a good girl in high school. then i met my current husband when i was 15 dropped out at 16. experimented with alcohol.. got tired of that, guess it wasn't my thing. .. then i found exstacy. first time i really rolled. i loved it. but at one time it had a hold of me. i lost 40 pounds. and almost lost my husband all in less than a month. well since that happened Ive slowed my roll. but i still do it every now and then. matter fact bought a week or two ago. reason why i even visited this page is because im having pain in my liver. and i know its because of jigs. [ex] i am going to the doctor because i think its going to rupture....its like i love ex... but i hate it. i wish i never tried it.

PLEASE NEVER DO THIS DRUG

people tell me all the time. they have tried it and hated it.. but please hear me when i say this... you can get addicted to this drug.. different strokes for different folks...

GOD bless.

ok well im 18(about to be19)and i haven't rolled in about a year...but it all started when i was 16...i rolled every Friday and saturday night night foe my whole jr. and sr. year...well some nights i would do coke...but mostly ex...one night me and two of my best friends got a triple stack from a drug dealer we had never gotten them from before... i usually would take half of one and then about 30 minutes later take another half, but this time i decided to take tha whole thing..it was about 30 minutes to where we were headed...and about 15 minutes into tha ride i started to kinda freak out...but it was straight...i was just kinda dizzy...but as soon as we got outa tha car...i could not walk... we went into this guys house, and everybody was just chillin and playing drinking games, but that wasn't for me i was WIGGING OUT! so my best friend and i went outside and when i looked up at her...i could see 3 of her! then my heart started beating so fast i thought it was literally ganna explode...i drank about 4 bottles of water(i didn't know at tha time that it made u roll harder)and bagan making myself throw up...nobody understood how bad it really was....i thought i was going to die forreal...but anyways...it has been a while since i rolled or did cocaine, and ive been on probation for almost a year...so i havent smoked weed either...bt heres my concern...i got off probation about a week ago..and ive smoke 3 times since. tha first and second time was fine..i got really hight...but the third time we amoke a HUGE blunt and aboiut 15 min. later..i felt like i was rolling again...my heart was beating sooo fats and i was shaking...i seriously felt like i was having a heart attack!!!!!!! even the day after my heart was still beating kinda fast and hurting...has this happened to anyone else? should i not smoke again??????

It is quite obvious that ecstasy f****s you up. I have done it once and I will never be the same. Has anyone noticed the way every single ecstasy user that has commented here has almost exactly the same mannerisms - disjointed thought patterns bounding around with no obvious direction. I myself am making quite an effort not to do the ellipses (... or ..). Read any forum discussing the use of extasy and look at the way past users write.
If you are young and have a brain do not use extasy and advise all of your friends to read this before they make their choice.
I decided to use it when I broke up with a girl I was madly in love with, i'm only 19 and should have a future and many more wild relationships but because of this drug my body and mind no longer function perfectly and in unison. And in many minor ways I am damaged PERMANENTLY, and I live every day in the constant knowledge and fear that as I get older things can only get worse.
NEVER TAKE THIS DRUG IF YOU VALUE WHO YOU ARE.

Ok well heres My story.... Im currently 15 yrs old. the first time i tried ex was when i was 12. i knew it was ex and that it was a drug but i mean ive lived around drugs my whole life. i smoked crack cocaine when i was on summer break of 2004. Drugs are what i chose to live my life around. and Now slowly i completely regret it. I have been taking ex for about 3 years or so. and its been and every weekend thing occasional weekdays also.
and i also have been smoking marijuana since summer of 2004 and yes i do smoke weed everyday and smoke weed while rolling.
what i have learned from taking ex is that its not something to do if you think your going to have a blast.
because the title that we 'ravers' have about that we are the most fun people to be around and all that.
thats all jst a cover for ex. the real truth about ex is that it wil f**k up your mid body and feelings!
trust me.
if you are reading this and you have never experimented with ex then i know i might sound like a hypocrite and i hate hypocrites but i finally understand what my friends and family have been trying to tell me.

but its your life and you make your own decisions.

This topic is very informative and useful for anyone tempting to use E. unfortunately I wish i saw this topic before i tried E. I have tried several drugs and have always been safe about doing them. I always research everything. I have always been scared of E just because of the fact you never really know whats in it. Recently i did molly at a music fest(pull mdma). It was the best drug i have ever experienced. I felt great, had a blast, and best thing of all it was relaxing and i fell asleep right when i wanted too with no hang over. I wanted the same experience but had been looking for several months and couldn't find any molly. I was at another music fest and i found some rolls. It was kinda like a lime green mercedes with the emblem sticking out. me and my girl friend each took took 1. about 30mins into it we felt it. about 15 more mins our hearts were beating so fast the we felt like we were going to have a heart attack and die. we couldn't breath. I knew the best thing to do was focus on our berating. i was trying to get her to and she was having a hard time with it. Her eyes were rolling back in her head and she was looking like she was about to pass out. I was scared to death for not only her but me. i was going through the same thing. this lasted about 10mins. then we started to come down. we felt really good. We had a good time for several hours later. About the 12th hour rolled around and we felt dead tired. We couldn't sleep at all. 4 hours later we still couldn't sleep. We some how made it to McDonald's as dead tired and as weak as we were. we ate alittle went home took half a tylenol PM and finally we fell asleep for about 2 hours. we woke up felt alittle better but it started all over again. several more problems. it was about 6 more hours before we could get a good night sleep. So its been about two days ago since this all happened. Im still having trouble falling asleep and yet im tired. my heart is hurting me really bad. i tired to play tennis today and i felt like i was going to have of heat attack and i was taking it really easy. my heart hurts every time i walk up the stairs or do anything to raise my heart rate. Luckily, my girl friend isn't having this problem and i know why. She does alot of cardio at the gym. Unfortunately i don't. Iv been a lazy bastard this week. im sure my heart is already weak because im a fan of the opiates not the stimulants. to be quite honest im scared and im probably going to see a doctor tomorrow. Anyone that is considering doing this drug, DON'T!! you have that 50%-50% chance that your ex will or wont be good. I thought i had a 70%-30% chance that my ex would be good just because i was looking up the pill on the internet before i took it and it seemed like it was a safe drug. I have a high tolerance for drugs, I don't value my life and I have a high thresh hold for pain. So explaining my story on the internet and taking the time to get this story out there, it surely must tell you something about how bad this experience was and i would advise anyone thinking about doing ex or currently doing ex to find another drug!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so heres my story. I am 27 now. Been using X since I was 17. It was fine the first year so I figure nothing will go wrong ever. This was too good of a drug. Ive never smoke weed at the time or anything else. Well, Ive done angel dust since I was 12 but gave up on it for the love of "E". It became a constant use for me. Everyday, Ill either do it with people or just pop solo. I stop at 19 until 22. Thats when I got back on because life sucks. Everything was so slow in moving and I need some excitement. Thats when I would pop a good 4 to 6 everyday. While on roadtrip, I would pop 2 every hour, adding all together 8 to 12. Thats my everyday dosage. Then it repeats itself again. Didnt feel like I stop at all.

Crazy thing was, I never paid for my pills. I figure Ill just buy it bundles and thats why I can over-exceed the amount.

Last year, my bestfriend died because of an overdose. I wasnt there. He was with some of his other friends and after the news was broken down to me. I didnt want to touch another pill but the boredom of life makes me. Im not addicted. I just view things differently when Im on it. Nothing bad ever happens to me when Im taking these pills and maybe thats why I never wanted to stop. Just until 2 days ago. I did a good 10 pills. two every hour. I am only 117lb. 5'8. I have very high metabolism.

2 days ago, after popping that amount. I started to get dizzy. when i smoke a cig, my chest will feel closed in. I couldnt breathe for a good 10 to 20 minutes. I would weeze like I have asthma. I was sort of afraid to smoke in case it happens again but I did it anyways, THREE times and again my chest keeps getting tighter and tighter. my skin feels clammy. I would be hot and cold. I feel like Im sweating but im not. Today, I thought after getting some sleep, I would feel better but when I got up. Ill get so dizzy that Ill find myself holding on to a wall for support. I would black out constantly but havent fainted. I couldnt stand for too long without the room spinning or fading into darkness. Usually when im on the pills, I am so happy but now I just feel depress but it doesnt stop me. After all Ive just typed up. I am ready to go pop some more. my body tells me im ready for another dose.

Why am I being so stubborn and whats wrong with my body? Like I said, Im not addicted but it gets boring without it.

I tried it 3 times. The 3rd time it was different. It was a star shape one. I almost died. It was terrifying. I was breathing so hard. Couldn't keep still. It was like someone pressed a fast forward button on my body and mind. Almost threw up. I tried going to sleep to forget about it but everytime I closed my eyes I was going somewhere dark. It was dark pitch black. No lie. I fought it mentally I said hell no I'm not going anywhere. I was actually dying and I knew it.

I asked for my deceased father to save me and take it out of me. I told him I'd never mess with that again. Water was pouring from my body. Luckily two friends came over and stayed with me. They mess with it a ot. They told me they tried the star one the week before and were crying and terrified. They almost died also. When I asked my father to take it away...it was gone instantly. I had just taken it 20 mins before. It should have been gone in 10 hours. He won't save me again.

Never again. I lost alot of weight. Didn't eat for 2 weeks. Every time I think back to that night...and the dark place I was going to...I cry. Stupid kids wake up. Learn and live. My friend messed with it for years. She is a huge bimbo now. Sometimes she acts like a child. She's not the same person. It took 10 years for it to mess her up the way it has.

In the year 2000 I was friends with a drug dealer. He lived two suburbs away and to fill the time I would hang out and smoke pot and drink beer. This guy also carried heaps of ees and coke. In Januray of 2000 I had my first two ees for probably a year. At the time I was really fit. Doing triathlons, half marathons etc. In fact I never even realised I had a heart. I never once felt it beat in my chest and on the odd occassion I would check my resting heart rate to find it beating at 45-50bpm. Over the next 8 months my consumption of e snowballed out of hand big time. In this period I must have consumed 300 pills (a conservative estimate) sometimes I would be strung out for three days on 30 pills without sleep and snorting coke. Still no trouble with my heart. I continued to run long distances and play football. On a night in August of 2000 I took upwards of 10 pills, followed by another 10 new ones on the following night. During the night I noticed my hands, lips and eventually my feet turning blue. I had no trouble breathing and then it hit me: an 'explosion' of the heart muscle and a pulse of 200 plus. I managed to calm myself over the ensuing 12 hours but getting weaker and weaker and bluer and bluer (purple in fact) I went to emergency. I was checked for a heart attack but neither bloods nor ecg showed up anything remarkable. I was sent home. However the incident, whilst undetectable on any modern testing equipment has left my heart damaged. It is suprising how little is known about the affects these drugs have on the cardiac muscle. My resting heart rate averaged about 90-100 for the next 2 years and even the most mild exercise would rise it to 170 +. Slowly but surely my resting heart rate came back down and I began to think that perhaps my heart had to some degree recovered, even though I could often feel it beating in my chest, a symptom I never experienced prior to my e use. By the age of 29 I had turned my life around. great career, postgrad study, girlfriend and was fit running up to 25km. Two months ago I began experiencing chest pain, pulpitations and near black outs, my hands often go blue and my feet as well. I have been investigated thoroughly by cardios but nothing major has been detected despite a largening of the atriums which is very common and 'trivial.' The medical analysis is essentially 'you may have damaged your heart' but nothing can be done. Essentially it is my feeling that nothing in modern medicine can fix the damage I inflicted on myself all those years ago and is now coming back to haunt me. The pains and symptoms are worsening and I feel the only way out would be to end my life, which of course I do not want to do. But living with theses symptoms at 29 is just too much to take. What I need is a Cariologit who specialisies in drug affects on the heart.

Yeah I have to agree with you guys. Don't take ecstacy unless you want your life to be ruined. I started taking E's when I was 15 and to be honest I absolutely loved the drug, it was the best feeling i've ever had and will probably ever have but it comes at a heavy price. I began just taking 1 or 2 on some weekends when I was out with my mates but it soon got a hold of me and by time I was 16 I was dropping anywhere from 6-12 at least two nights a week at times swallowing 4 at once. I did this all the way through 2002 until I started getting ill all the time, losing weight and even though I've always been a head strong person I also started having serious psycholgical problems like panic attacks and real bad paranoia. I used to have loads of friends but I started to notice that most of them began avoiding me cos I just wasn't myself anymore. When I was 17 I managed to give it all up and I started to take care of myself and by the time I was 20 I was feeling a bit more like normal again. I started going out clubbing with my mates and going to house partys and always managed to stay away from the drugs scene. But in 2006 I had a court case going on in which I was looking at doing some time so I was real stressed out and one night when I was pissed up I got offered some pills and I just couldn't resist them, even after 3 years they still had a hold of me. Well, that was all it took for me to go mental on them again. Throughout 2006 I was just a complete wreck head, I soon built up a resistance to the pills again but this time it was alot worse I was taking up to 20 E's in a night. I remember I worked it out that in one week i took over 50. I was also taking larger amounts at once, I wouldn't consider taking any less then 4 at once. One night I bought a wrap of 10 and I was going to drop em all at once but my bro talked me out of it, so I took 7 instead and bosched the other 3 half hour later. The worst though was the night that I took 20 by doing 5 at once 4 times in the space of about 6 hours. The next day my head was so mashed up it took me about 2 hours to get dressed. By this time I was starting to get really ill again and just randomly spewing up so going in to 07 I layed of them. but come easter time I was out drinking with some mates and bumped into my dealer who told me he had some new ones in so with me trying to cut down I just got 5 of him. A couple of hours later though I couldn't resist getting some more so i got another 5. I dropped em and went back to mine to chill out but a little while later I started feeling really sick with pains in my side n chest. I didn't think much of it until I started spewing up bile and froth, my body went ice cold, I started shaking and my heart was beating so fast it was missing beats . I managed to tough it out for a couple of hours but I'd never felt so ill in all my life I got my bro to take me down a&e. They wired me up to the oxygen and heart machine and the alarms kept on going off. At this point I thought thats it I'm gonna die and I know we've all got to go some how but trust me you dont want to be in that situation. There was a crowd of doctors and nurses around me injecting me with stuff. After about 10 minutes ( the longest of my life ) they managed to get my heart rate steady and they ran some blood tests a while later I was told that I had damaged my kidneys. I don't know why but at the time I was actually suprised, I'd obviously built up this idea that I was indistructable or something, what a twat! Well lucky for me the damage wasn't permanant and I wasn't pissing blood so they discharched me the next day. They told me I was lucky to have survived that night and that if take anymore drugs ever again I probably won't live to 30. I can tell you I certainly didn't feel lucky at the time. I spent the next few months ill in bed recovering from that night. Then that court case finally caught up with me and I got 18 months. What a year! :-)
Anyway, I've never been right since that night and I'm not sure if I ever will be. I can't concentrate properly, my short term memory is shite, my body randomly shakes and my jaw is always tensing up. Instead of taking pills and having a good time now I have to take handfulls of meds to keep me going. Beta blockers for an irregular heart beat, anti-depressants, migraine tablets, painkillers. I'm always dehydrated because my kidneys aren't that efficient so I have to drink at least 6 pints of water a day. I cant even drink alcohol anymore without ending up ill in bed for days. My bodys just completely knackered. I cant work, I cant even walk down the road without getting out of breath, my life is a complete mess thanks to those little pills. I admit that its part my fault for being a mash head but they're definately addictive if only in a mental capacity. For anyone wanting to try out pills, trust me, stay away! And not just pills drugs in general theres better things in life then living it up for a few years and then paying the price for the rest of your short life.
Well sorry for going on a bit, obviously the choice is yours and unfortunately most people only learn from there own mistakes and not from those of others. But good luck to you all whatever you do.