I am interested if there are natural remedies to help repair ulna nerve damage. I am seeing health professionals but I would like to speed up my recovery if it only means changing my diet.

Hello there! How did your nerves got damaged and what kind of treatment are you on?
I am also diagnosed with ulna nerve damage and I had numbing in my little fingers, I was really scared. I don’t recall hitting my arm or squeezing or anything,, I just suddenly felt the numbness. It was so weird.

I am really amazed by the fact that you are looking for natural remedies when I was told that it would go away on it’s on and I was given a drug to get rid of the occasional pain. What kind of problems are you experiencing?

I suppose your damage is more severe than mine is. Can you share your experience?

I have also damaged my ulnar nerve and am in great need of help. I have been in pain for three months now and have spent about two thousand dollars on trying to find a cure and nothing is helping. I've tried orthopaedic surgeons, physical therapy, message therapy, chiropractors but despite all of that I still have a lot of pain. I am a flutist and I developed my injury from over practice. This is my career and I have to get back to playing but anytime I play for just a few minutes the pain increases. Some say this will go away after about six months whereas others say I'll never get better. I desperately need help and anyone that has also experienced this or has any knowledge on the subject I would greatly appreciate it.

Angmassey, I too have the same story - although I'm a drummer. Did you ever get anywhere with this?? I would be very interested to hear your story regarding this. I'm on 10 years now of this ridiculous problem and of course the doctors can never figure it out. Please let me know if you found anything out!
Thanks!

it seems as though there are 2 different issues being discussed here - specific damage to the ulnar nerve and irritation.

For specific damage as a result of trauma there are many different options available, however it depends on the specific injury sustained.

If the symptoms are as a result of irritation - ie overuse, repetetive action etc - then this would fall into the classification of cubital tunnel.
the nerve becomes irritated and inflamed, causing an increase in pressure from surrounding tissues, which in turn compress the nerve causing pain and altered sensation.

Physio can be very effective in this situation as can anti-inflammatories and rest. In the extreme, surgical release can be necessary in the same way that Carpal Tunnel can require this. Splinting at night can ease the symptoms, a lot depends on what the patient does foe a living etc and their response to treatment.

Hope this helps.