I had sex with my bf on 29th of dec 2013 then took an i pill that day itself. I had my periods two days later. And the periods lasted a normal 5 days. However, i expected my periods to come on the 31 of jan 2014 but i still dont have it. And it is already the 3rd of feb. I am worried that i might be pregnant. Is it possible?? Please help

Health Guru
hi, would that of been the normal time for you to have your period when it arrived 2 days after you took the I pill?

Yes. The month before i had my periods on the 30th of november.

Health Guru
it is known that emergency contraception can delay or even advance your period timing or even cause you to miss it all together. What are your normal cycles between periods?

Uhmm i know i sound stupid but i'm not sure because it keeps changing. On august i had my periods on the 21st and then oct on 30 and november 30 and dec 31 st

I have cramps but no bleeding yet.

Health Guru
have you been stressed over the situation?

Yes. I am. Because i cant be pregnant at the moment. I dont know what to do. It is already 35 days since my period started on dec

Health Guru
stress can also cause your period to be delayed, I wouldn't think you would be pregnant seeing that you took the ipill straight away so my advice to you would be to stop stressing as I think the cramps your getting are signs your period will start soon.

And the delay is normal???

Health Guru
yes both stress and the ipill can delay your period.

Thank you so much. I am scared and worried. Even though i took the i pill a month ago it can still delay periods right?? Just to be clear i took the i pill within 12 hours. Is there a possibility of me getting pregnant though. If i normally have my periods at the end of the month then the time we had sex wouldnt be my ovulation period right??

Health Guru
sperm will only live for around 5 days actually inside your vagina so considering you was not any where near your ovulation date you should be fine and taking the ipill that quick was a good move by you.

Wow...okay. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my queries. Just to be sure, can i take a pregnancy test. Is it a good time to do that?? I know i am freaking out too much. But i just wanted to know the delay meant i was pregnant.

I meant i just wanted to know if the delay meant i'm pregnant