2 WEEKS DELAYED. MY PREGNANCY TEST RESULT WAS NEGATIVE ALSO. COULD I BE PREGNANT?

Hi Marsia: That's not much to go on! But I will give you some info. Depending on your age, and contraceptive use the delay COULD be normal. Sometimes changing the pill your one, can cause either delays or more periods. The age you are can also cause havoc on your period, premenopause has been reported as early as mid 20's (even though this is VERY rare), then there are stress factors - death, divorce, illness etc, too much exercise - such as runners, gymnasts, swimmers etc. The tell tale signs of being pregnant are, sore breasts, back, hips, nausea, and also "baby flu" which is you have a slight cold with a runny nose and coughing, You can also see a darkening of your aereola too! 1 out of 3 women read their pregnancy test wrong, and lets face facts some of them you need a science degree to understand :-D! If you have had unprotected sex, and your period is late, it could be very well that you are pregnant. Wait another week, and take another test. It all depends on how far along you are and how high your HCG is, the further along the easier it is for a test to determine if you are pregnant or not. Good luck Marsia

Hi there.

Before you start to freak out, you need to remember that there are so many things that you can do to find out are you pregnant or not.

Delayed menstruation causes a lot of symptoms that are similar to pregnancy.

I believe that you really don't have any reasons to be scared because your test is negative.

Still no period?

Than go and visit the gynecologist. I don't know what you are waiting for?

Also, you haven't given us some information - we don't know how old are you, do you use some medications, do you use contraceptive pills or not?

Those are all possible reasons why your period is late. 

hi...im malene i am 1week delay?is it possible that i am pregnant?my period is always regular even i gave birth this is only the first time that i got delayed..my husband & i never had sex after my last period...thanks!

malenelacap wrote:

Hi Malene

It is possible that you are pregnant, particularly if your last period was very light.

Also, sperm can get transferred by hand, so if he has got sperm on his (or your) hand, and that hand touched your vulva. What sort of sexual activity have you had (mutual masturbation, oral sex &c)?

However, it may be that stress has caused the delay. Where do you live? There are often tests cheaply available (depending on location!)

Hope this helps

Hi my name is monica i really need ur help.. I am 2 weeks delayed right now, my last menstruation was last october 4, 2012 my average cycle is 26 days.. i tried using pregnancy test and the result is two lines.. the first line is dark, but the second line is so faint.. does it mean positive or invalid?

monica1986 wrote:

Dear Monica

You need to read the instructions with the particular predictor you are using (you don't say what it is!). But usually if you have two lines on a pregnancy test then your test is positive, and even if one line is lighter than the other, your test result is still positive. However false positives have been known. So have delayed, or even missed, periods. I suggest a blood test.

(I assume you have checked your sexual activity against your cycle calendar!)

Hope this helps.

hi my name is Sang. I'm 1 1/2 weeks delayed. my last menstruation was last october 25, 2012 my average cycle is 28 days.mi tried using pregnancy test andthe result was negative only one line. ;( i really need your help.

Dear Sang

If your last period started 25th October with a cycle of 28 days, you would have expected a period to have started 22nd November before another would have been due to start 20th December. Today is 3rd January, which is 14 days late.

Perhaps you meant  25th November was your last period start, expecting your period to have started 23rd December.. That would make you 11 days late (1 1/2 weeks).

That being so:

1. What sexual activity did you engage in from 4th December onwards?
  2. On which dates did each activity take place?
  3. Which predictor test are you using?
  4. When did you last take the test?
  5. How old are you?
  6. Where are you from?
  7. Are there any cultural or religious implications?

hi im angel im 2 weeks delayed for my menstration i cannot do any test for .am i pregnant /

Dear Angel

Menstruation delay can happen for reasons other than pregnancy, but you haven't given much detail. To get pregnant, sperm has to enter your vagina during your fertile days, and can occur by manual transfer also. So:

1. What was the date of your last period start?
  2. How long is your menstrual cycle? Is it regular?
  3. What was the date your delayed period was due to start?
  4. On what dates have you had sexual intercourse since your last period start?
  5. What other sexual activity have you had since your last period start?

Also

1. Where are you from?
  2. Why can't you take tests?
  3. Are there any cultural or religious implications?

Hope I can help. I wait to hear from you.

hi! i'm angie.. i'm two weeks delay and i never took any test yet.. i have a regular mens and it was on last dec. 19th, but another mens came this last jan. 7.. that was happened for the very first time, so i'm really scared. :( is there a possibility that i'm pregnant if me and my boyfriend had sex without any protection..? tsk. we had sex for 3years w/o any protection and now, i couldn't believe that i may be pregnant. pls. reply! thank you!

Dear Angie

The fact you have had a period would indicate you are not pregnant. The early period could be due to hormone imbalance, caused either by stress or lifestyle changes. I suggest having a check up to ensure your system is working OK.

BTW If you are scared about being pregnant, why are you having sex?

hi..i am delayed for almost 2wiks is it possible that i am pregnant?i dont want to use pregnancy test because im afraid...please help me..thanks!

Often one of the first indications of pregnancy is a missed period. However you don't give much information to go on.

1. How old are you?
  2. What date did your last period start?
  3. What is your cycle length (typically 28 days)?
  4. Did you have sexual intercourse during your estimated fertile time or since? If so on what days?
  5. Why are you afraid?
  6. What are the cultural/religious implications?
  7. Who would the father be?