hi doc. i had unprotected sex with my husband on Dec 17 which was 22nd day of my period and took ipill within an hour. my last period was on Nov 26. but till date i haven't got any bleeding. could i be pregnant?

Since it's been a month after your last period, you can take a pregnancy test just to make sure - it will be completely accurate by now if you follow the test instructions. But, there are good chances that you are not pregnant. Ipill contains a big dose of hormones that directly affect your ovulation and menstrual cycle - it is not uncommon at all to have either early or late period after taking the pill. The pill can also affect how heavy your period will be - some women have very heavy bleeding the next cycle, some have almost no period at all. The hormones from the pill disrupt your hormonal balance, and this effect is usually first listed as a side-effect, but like I said, if you want to be 100% sure, you can always take the pregnancy test,

wish you all the best,

Nicole

Hi Nicloe .thanks for replying. I forgot to mention that took home pregnancyi.e. a urine test on Dec 25 which came negative. Should i repeat it again ?

If it will help you ease your mind, you can repeat the test, but since the one you already done was negative, I think chances are that you're not pregnant. It also depends on how regular your cycle is - if you usually get your period every 28 days, than the first test was accurate enough. Also, that would mean that if you had unprotected sex on the 22nd day of of your period, you most likely weren't ovulating, since ovulation and your most fertile period is around your mid-cycle, or 14 to 15 days after your period. Do you have any signs that your period is coming?

My cycle usually varies from 28-30 days. The day i had ipill which was on Dec 17 after that i had stomach pains and felt bloated for like 2-3 days that around 21-23 Dec. But now i don't feel anythin and feel absolutely normal. Are home pregnancy test accurate enough ? I had used I-Can. And when should i repeat the test?

Home pregnancy tests are 99% accurate, and the longer your period is late, the more accurate they are because in case you are pregnant there is more hcg or pregnancy hormone present in your urine. I'd recommend you to wait a few days and see if you'll get your period - you took the ipill in time for it to be effective.

Thank you. It has eased off the Tention a bit. :) Ill repeat the test soon and let you know the results.

Should i take some medicine so that period comes or wait?

Health Guru
hi, just to add that the ipill can make your period either come early or delay it and has been known to make it miss all together. When you took the ipill was it with in the 72 hour time line? If you do take another pregnancy test make sure to use the first pee you take after walking up in the morning as that's when the hormone is at its strongest :-)

I took the pill within one hour of having sex.

I took the pill within one hour of having sex

Nikols , im seeing a little brown strand in my mucus. What could be it? It is really worrying me. Could it be pregnancy?

if you have taken i-pill within an hour then chances of pregnancy is very low. wait for few more days for your periods to come. if it is delayed by 10 days from due date then see a doctor.

test on 30Dec. i have one query.. After how many of having sex does the test show a positive result in case you're pregnant?

Health Guru
Hi I don't understand your question!