Hello, I am having terrible withdrawal symptoms from my klonopin. I want off of this terrible medicine and the doctor refused to help me so now I have to do it myself. I can't hold down any food, my stomach is sick constantly and I'm very dizzy, along with headaches. Can anybody tell me what I can take to help me get past this sickness? Also, I'm having crying spells and mood swings. How long will this nightmare last?
Thanks,
M

I too know exactly how you feel. I have been completely off Klonopin for 1 month and 1 day now. I am still going through withdrawals from it and often wonder myself how long it will last. All I can say is it does get better as time goes by. The first 2 weeks were the absolute worst I didn't have one good day. But now I am to the point that the whole days isn't bad, I have bad moments throughout the day ( if that makes any sense at all) But I also have good moments as well. Sometimes I wish I could go back on the medication to make it all go away but I know it isn't whats best for me or my family. Hang in there sweetie, it does get better.

I was on Klonopin for 7 months. I was having terrible episodes of diarrhea and weakness. The doctors said it was not the fact that I had only missed on of my 1 mg tabs of Klonopin. They tried to put me on anti-depressants to control the diarrhea. Finally, I trusted my own instince and found research to corroborate that Klonopin can cause muscular addiction and the withdrawal can cause the addicted muscles to spasm. I tapered my dose by splitting the tablets and was off in 2 months!

Has anyone else here experienced blurred vision too? I'm starting my second week of withdrawal and the vision problem, pain, and numbness/deadened feeling in my fingers and toes are the worst symptoms for me.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have read many of your responses. Well, I did a stupid thing. I DID quit my Klonopin cold turkey. I didn't have much choice. I was due for a refill and when I went to my doctor's appointment was told my insurance hadn't paid and soooo . . . Odd thing is, I'd been going to this doctor for over a year and the insurance company said our previous insurance company kicked back the insurance. Anyway . . .
I have been on .05 mgs. of Klonopin for 2 years. My doctor two years ago said this was such a small dose I couldn't get addicted. WRONG. I feel horrible. I haven't had much sleep at all in almost two weeks. My nose runs, I'm dizzy, I'm having an incredibly hard time getting any work done. I wonder when this will be over. I wonder if the worst is over now that I've stopped cold turkey. I don't feel any better. I seem to feel worse by the day. The anxiety doesn't seem too bad. I just wish I didn't feel so light-headed.

Have any of you had such bad withdrawal on such a low dose of Klonopin? Did you take anything that may have helped get you through? I've gone this far, I don't want to go back on the stuff.

Ladyrev

I was on it for 3 months about .25 mg a day. I am coming off of it slowly and have horrible withdrawls. pins and needles and muscle twitches in my arms legs head. Dirreah . nausea, heaadaches, insomnia etc... I am almost off taking 1/4 of a .125 mg wafer. I taper a little each week to mininmize withdrawl. It does not matter how long you take it or the dose they can be addictive in as little as 10 days and withdrawl symptoms can last from months to years. It just depends on your body. Cold turkey has been known to produce longer withdrawl symptoms and is very dangerous. You should slowly taper off all benzos.

I was on 10mg daily for several years. After a suicide attempt, I was in a psych unit where they immediately reduced me to 3mg. On my own I got completelt off and it was the most miserable hell imaginable. Every crumb I cut down caused withdrawal symptoms that took a week to stabilize. I couldn't be around people, and I couldn't get away from myself. Eventually, my memory, balance, and normal moods returned, but I lost many years to this wicked drug. And it would be so easy to start up again, a benzo can be so soothing. If you haven't used it, please don't!!

can someone please help me. first off let me say i completely regret every decision i have made within the last few months. i started experimenting with klonopin probably like 3 months ago today when my friend who is prescribed it asked me if i wanted to try it. he gave me 8 1mg tablets i took 3 that night and blacked out with six missing the next morning. not sure what i did with the remaining two but i took them shortly after. a few days maybe. i have probably gone to him a maximum 4 times for 8 1mg tablets . and about 2 weeks ago i got only 2 1mg tablets and a few days later 4 adivans keep in mind i have only blacked out twice of the 5 occasions i have taken them....i quit cold turkey.....i didint even know i was addicted and have had the worst symptoms. first of all the withdrawal shot my immune system and put me in anxiety attacks so right as i started feeling the side affects i caught the flu. also i do have cold sores and tend to get cases of them whenever i get sick. so all at once i got the flu, cold sores, aching body, i have not eaten, gone number two, or slept properly in four days, i have a little case of restless leg syndrome(only when i try and sleep). also when i went cold turkey on kpins it took my cig addiction with it i have not been craving for four days now its amazing....i heard its dangerous to just quit....am i at any risk of seizure? any advice or insight is welcome

There are 2 websites that can help in the klonopin healing. Benzobuddies.org and yahoo has a benzo site as well. The withdrawal is horrible and the only thing that helps the symptoms are time away from the drug which is between 6-18 months. Sorry for the bad news the good news is you will get better with time.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!
I suffer from depression and the meds I've been taking for years weren't doing it anymore, so my doc increased the dosages of those and added Klonopin. After maybe a week on it, I started experiencing this painful gas bubble and some diarrhea. Now the gas bubble is mostly gone and it's all diarrhea. This has been going on for over a week. I left a message for my doc but I can't do this. I'm in pain all the time always in the bathroom, I feel like suicidal thoughts is a better alternative. I've stopped myself from taking them since it hasn't been a very long time at all - not even a month. I can't go on like this. I just want someone to say they're going through this too and I think some of you are. It's not withdrawal from klonopin...it's BECAUSE of klonopin (at least i'm convinced). My diet hasn't really changed and I didn't do anything odd. Just klonopin. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I have been off Klonopin for 1 month now and the withdrawl symptoms seem to be worsening. I still do not sleep well and have had increased vomitting and diarhhea. At times I have a tingling sensation in my toes and fingers. The dizziness and unsteadiness is unbearable. Does anyone else have these symptoms? My doctor has me on ativan .5 but this is doing nothing

i have been very sick for 2 wks had no idea it was from the klonapin .drs thought it was my heart because by blood pressure went out of control.this feeling is very very aweful .i started back on the pill, and i am waiting to feel better ,i am going off this drug ,i will have to do it slowly but i will do it.i was on pain patches a few yrs ago and when i stopped useing them,it was the same symtom.i did it then slowly and i will do it now ,with Gods help.my only hope and your only hope is to pray and come off slowing,,and if i have learned anything ,its not to be stupid again,check whay the dr is giving me before i take it.never will i take or use anything that has this benzo in it.i will pray for everyone and please pray for me.this drug should not be given to anyone....God bless..... :-)

I had been on klonopin in the past.It took years to wean off.Then i went to a doctor at strong hospital in rochester NY.I was going through a family court custody battle.So what did the good old doc give me 6 mg of klonzopam.It has been six years.I want to get off this horrible drug.I never should have taken it again.But being an addictive type person i thought this is great.Now i am suffering from my stupid mistake.Man am i hurting.I cant sleep.I thought i was going to die when i lay on my right side i get a seizure or whatever it was it was like dying.This could have been avoided by not taking klonzopam.It should be outlawed.But what do drug companies care theyre making billions legally pushing substances on people.

This is mainly to give peace of mind to people going through klonopin withdrawal. I hope it helps.

I am a medical student, and have always found pharmaceuticals to be fascinating. I have been on about 1 - 2 mg of klonopin, daily (occasionally every other day, if I didn't feel like I needed them) for a couple of years now. I stopped taking them a week ago, and simply continued my Wellbutrin and Tramadol (as needed for pain - was hit by a drunk driver 2 years ago and have herniated discs from flipping my car). Naturally, I have been concerned about the seizure risk, but I tapered off of the klonopin in a four-day-period, eventually going down to .25, then nothing.

I am not having any withdrawal symptoms.

I am a little antsy, and a bit more on-edge than I was on the klonopin, but that is to be expected. I was a very high strung person with severe tension/stress migraines BEFORE the klonopin regime, so its common sense that I return to that state of mind when stopping it. It is a relatively safe benzo, safer than Xanax, definitely. BUT, the risk of seizures if you have been on the drug for a long time (or large doses of the drug for a shorter period of time), PLEASE take care to have a friend or loved one near you through the days you are coming off. It is also good to know that ativan can act as an anti-convulsant, and often, doctors will put you on that to raise your seizure threshold if you want off of the klonopin.

I do know what withdrawals feel like. I have had them from Tramadol, after trying to come off of the med cold turkey. Not fun. But I also realize a lot of it is also in my head (this is NOT meant to offend, merely pointing out what I determined in MYSELF), and more than a lot of it is reading on the internet, people's terrible withdrawal experiences. To be perfectly frank, I haven't really thought about coming off of the klonopin, until I grew irritable. But the irritability isn't so bad.

Please do not take offense to this, I am not questioning those that are in withdrawal hell. It must be very terrible, and I very much feel for you. I am just saying that every body is quite different, and our cerebral chemistry changes dramatically from person-to-person. Hence, not everyone will have the same effects when coming off of a medication.
Do not be afraid.
This too shall pass, and it may be easier than you expected it to be.