Hi. I’m male, 25 years old and I’m allergic on few things. I’ve been using several different meds to help me out with more or less success. I’ve recently heard for zertec (I’m not sure if that is the correct spelling) and I’m thinking to try it but I don’t know too much about it. Does anybody here knows for any of it’s side effects?? I would appreciate any information. Thank you in advance.

I don’t know how is it with other anti allergic meds but I know that zyrtec (by the way that is correct spelling) has many side effects like difficulty breathing, lips, tongue or face swelling, sleepiness, fatigue, headache, dizziness, dry mouth and much more. If you’re satisfied with your current med I don’t see reason for you trying zyrtec.

hey, i took zyrtek for years with little - no side effects.. am now on other allergen meds with SERIOUS side effects and will be getting zyrtek as soon as i can get a perscription for it again. my current side effects include fatigue ECZEMA OUTBREAKS, irratibility, and lazyness

I've been on zyrtec for about a week and half now. I have severe allergies, and my allertgist told me that his brother has many allergies, as i do, and that zyrtec changed his life. Sound's great, right.
Well, as far as the allergies go, pretty good stuff.
As far as my standard of living----ZZZZZzzzzzzz literally.
I sleep until 11am, am in a daze until evening, and then seriously need a nap. When I do nap, I sleep so heavy it's almost scary. My doc said that the tiredness is due to a sedative that is in th stuff, and recommended I take it at night. No difference, still a zombie most of the time. has anyone else had this problem with the medicine?

I have been on zertec for 6 to 8 months now and it definitely helped me through the spring but now I find I have horrible congestion at night. It's so bad I can't sleep most of the time. I never had congestions this badly before I started zertec. I've tried an over the counter decongestant and the nasal spray the dr recommended but this hasn't helped. I'm considering going back to drixoral and maybe just using the zertec in the spring when my allergies are the worst. I'm also concerned that my body has gotten too used to the zertec - if I try to stop it for a day I get all snotty again.

Has anyone ever heard of zyrtec causing your legs to swell? I have been taking zyrtec for about 1 week and both lower legs are swelled twice their size.

I have been on Zyrtec since January of 08.
I have no side effects from it all. I tried every allergy med you can think of and found zyrtec to be the best one so far. Claritan made me very sleepy.
It is taken every 24 hours. I take mine after supper about 5 in the evening.
Hey Aeramor, you can get Zyrtec without a script now. :-D

Has anyone been told to take pepsid in addition to zyrtec?

I have been suffering with leg pains only when lying down I heard a side affect can be muscle pain. I have been taking zertec for about 6 years. I was up all night with severe pains in my thighs. Stopped taking Zyrtec and pains are now gone!!!!!

I have been taking Zyrtec for well over a year and a half and i have noticed such a drastic drop in my libido.
I normally take it in the evening to avoid being sleepy during the day but it seems like it's really having an affect on my love life.
I am totally disinterested in love making, which by the way, i have never refused it, and was always a willing participant.
Now i am looking for some herbal remedies to control my allergies as well as something to increase my sex drive. I don't know which is better, being able to breath clearly or constantly refusing to make love with my husband, who, might i add, is getting V-E-R-Y frustrated.