I had unprotected sex with my partner for one weekend (Friday-Sunday) and I took Plan B both on Friday and Monday. About a week after I get some spotting as if my period wanted to start (plan B usually starts it in about a week for me) but here's the catch: I had just gotten out of my period when I was with my partner, so all this was in the middle of my usual cycle.

I'm now a week late from my usual cycle and have taken 2 pregnancy tests, one this morning, and still negative. Also, I've been getting some cramps and still nothing. So, I wonder, did Plan B screw up my cycle and, when I had that spotting, that's when the new cycle began? I'm really stressed right now because of this! I'm a college student and in no way ready to be pregnant so that's why I want to figure all this out... I appreciate any help. Thanks!

ok thats really weird. i am going through a very similar experience... i am also a college student. my period ended one a saturday and i had sex that day and the condom broke, to be safe i took the morning after pill on monday and then the following sunday-wednesday i was bleeding like i had my period. it started off brownish and then turned red... i went to the gynecologist twice since the bleeding and both pregnancy tests were negative... i was supposed to get my period approx. aug 31 and have yet to have it (its the 5th of Sept.) my gyno told me this was normal but i am still EXTREMELY stressed... my stomach has been aching and my chest has felt heavy like it usually does before my period. i keep praying my period will just start! i wish you all the luck.

Plan B can do all sorts of things to your menstrual cycle, and even after plan B, it should be that if you are actually pregnant, the pregnancy test comes back positive as it normally should. Basically, late period, negative pregnancy test nearly always means you're not pregnant because those things are pretty reliable. Still, if you are not sure, you can keep on testing periodically. Or even better, swing by your local Planned Parenthood and get checked out medically, plus the help you need if it does happen you are pregnant. The sooner you get this figured out, the sooner you'll be able to leave this behind.

Ok.. I'm a college student and I'm literally going through the same thing! I'm nervous.

I just wanted to give some reassurance to all the bloggers. My boyfriend and I had sex approx. seven days after my period in December. (12/23/2009),he "relieved" himself inside of me and naturally, I panicked. We went to the Pharmacy the next day around 5ish and got the pill. My next period was due to come the 16th of January;it didn't. After of week of being late we went to the Pharmacy and got a pregnancy test which read negative. The next week it still hadn't showed up so we took another one...that read negative. I went the whole month of January without a period. It is now February and my period came right on time. Be patient ladies, it'll be ok. :-D

WOW.... I'm also a college student and this same thing happened to me!!

I had my period in April and it ended on a Thursday. I had sex WITH a condom on Friday night (actually like 4am Saturday) and the condom broke. I took Plan B on Saturday at 11AM.

Exactly a week later i started to bleed AGAIN for the 2nd time in April. It lasted for 4 days.

My May period was 10 days late and it was light and lasted a few days (maybe 3). The pharmacist said it was normal for your period to be late or never come at all following a Plan B pill, so i wasn't too worried.

Well now it's JUNE..... I've gained some weight and have cravings, stomach cramps, and am exhausted after only being up for a few hours. My boyfriend thinks I'm pregnant and I'm starting to think the same thing. Since my May period was messed up I have no idea when I'm supposed to start this month's period and I'm terrified that I'm pregnant.

PS: I took a pregnancy test in May when my period was late and it was negative. I haven't taken another one since then.

Can you guys update me on your situations??

thanks SOOOO Much!!!

Reassuring news...

Okay I was in a similar place as some of these other posts:

I took Plan B on May 10, and started my period on May 16. I uaully have a steady 28 day cycle which means my period for June should have started about June 13. Almost two weeks later...still no period. I took a few urine pregnancy tests, which were negitive, but I was still freaking out (espcially after seeing shows like "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant). I got fed up and finally went to the doctor to get a blood pregnancy test done, which was also negitive.

So ladies, calm down. I CAN'T promise your not pregnant, but it seems like Plan B messes up the cycle for more than the month its taken. Stress is no good for a regular cycle either.

The same thing is happening to me at this moment. I took plan B on Feb 4th and that was right at the end of my period, my periods only last 4 days. I had a little bit of spotting one day then it went away. My period was supposed to start on March 1st and now its March 11th and still no period. I have taken....9! pregnancy test and they have all come out negative. I am really concerned that I may be pregnant, but really don't have any pregnancy sighs. When I was pregnant with my daughter I did not find out I was pregnant till I was 8 weeks along. I am very worried and just hoping that the Plan B messed up my cycle.  

Wow I'm experiencing a similar situation. So weird. My cycles had been extremely short (like 17 days) before this all started so I am freaking out. So I took Plan B on May 11th. Then on May 16th I had light bleeding lasting three days (normal?). Then I got what I thought was my normal period starting on May 31st and lasting no more than 5 days. And now it is June 28th and I still haven't gotten my next period which is pretty late for me and there is a very slight chance I could be pregnant from a more recent incident. My mind has been racing for the past three days, I have no idea what is going on! Is it possible that I am still experiencing side effects from the Plan B, so should I not be worried if this current cycle lasts way more than 28 days?  When should I start to worry? 

There are a lot of threads out there with several questions/stories but no real answers. For this reason, I wanted to post my experience. My previous period was in early/mid September. I took plan b on October 7 (approx. 36 hours after sex). I expected my period around October 20, but had only cramping. Since that time, I took several hpts (negative) and even went for a blood test in November (negative). I completely psyched myself out reading all the stories of false negatives online. After another week of cramps (usually at night), with nothing, I finally started my period (11/19). It's almost exactly a month late. Plan b most definitely messed up my cycle and caused me to skip a period. I had no spotting inbetween. Best of luck to everyone...hope you get the result you want.

Hi everyone, I wanted to reply with my experience as well to maybe ease some of your worries. My october period was from the 10/24 - 10/28 (normal 5 day period for me). I had sex late night/ early morning of 10/30 (or 31st if you're counting it as early morning), so 2 days after my period ended. I took plan b 30 hours later. On November 6 I experienced some weird bleeding; started off light and dark brown and clotted, moved to heavy and red around day 3. The bleeding stopped at day 4. I was due for my "normal" period around November 19th. No period. I thought maybe my cycle reset due to the Nov 6 period so I waited until yesterday, when my reset-cycle period should have shown up. Nothing. I have no signs of my period starting either. So I went out today and got a pregnancy test, which should definitely be accurate since it's been four whole weeks since I had sex... and it was negative. I used first morning urine for greatest accuracy. I will take another one tomorrow morning just to be safe but I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. I don't know WHEN my next period will show up but Plan B SERIOUSLY messes with your cycle! Try not to freak out too much, ladies. God bless. 

Me too, coincidentally all the dates the same too except I had no bleeding just a very faint spot about to weeks after my period. Still 16 data later no period and 3 neg tests. I have had cramping and some lower abdominal pain ( bloating too!) for reassurance as well I believe plan b SERIOUSLY messes with your cycle. Ive just been nervous considering all tge horror stories of ppl not finding out until they are 3 months along and getting false negatives! Nightmare unless you are hoping for pregnancy. Thank you for this, I really need to hear the above post. Helps with peace of mind :)

I'm pretty much in the same boat. My period is always on time. My last period started 11/5, had sex on 11/6, took plan B on 11/7. Needless to say my period ended 11/6. I expected my period on 12/3, no period, I waited four days, 12/7 and took a pregnancy test it was negative. I've promised my ex boyfriend that I'd take another in a week but I'm still expecting it to be negative. From what I've read, if you took plan B after your last period then it will skip a month and began the next month on time. I have a 28 day cycle, so I'm hoping it will begin 1/1. 

A little more information, I don't have anything stressful to prolong my period. I'm 20. I work a part time job, and pay small bills. I didn't have any spotting or bleeding after having sex. No, we didn't use a condom and were both slightly drunk. 

So funny, this post reassured me so much because I am going through the EXACT SAME thing right now.

It's March 30.

First day of my last was Feb 24th.

Wait time between periods 26-35 days.

It's my 35th day.

I had taken plan B Feb 26th, and again March 4th.

Praying to god I'm just late like the rest of you.

My boobs don't hurt, so that's a good sign.

im going through the same anxiety i got my period at the begining of may it was normal  but i took two plan b pills after i had sex with my boyfriend twice but in 2 different weeks with out protection. I looked on my period tracker and i was suppose to get my period june 3 and i'm exactly a day late i took a pregnacy test  on the 31st of may(negative) but im still nervouse! im going to take another pregnancy test to be sure.