I had sex on Aug 31 and the condom fell off after he pulled out. I took the morning after pill the next evening. I was supposed to get my period on sept 14th. It is now the 16th and I took a test and it showed positive. Am I pregnant or did the Plan B pill mess with the results?????????

You may in fact be pregnant.... PLAN B is not an abortion pill, only emergency brith control, so it is not 100% effective.

Plan be is, if I recall correctly, about 90 percent effective, which would mean that one in 10 women get pregnant despite taking it. Since Plan B doesn't cause false positive pregnancy tests, I fully assume that your positive pregnancy test means that you are indeed pregnant. 

I assume, since you took Plan B, that you probably don't want to stay pregnant. Please talk to Planned Parenthood or whatever is available in your area as soon as possible. This early on, you have an option to take the abortion pill, which has some advantages over a vacuum aspiration. 

Hugs to you, and good luck!

Can the plan b pill affect the results of a test?? Make it seem positive when it's not??

No, a special pregnancy hormone is tested for..Birth control does NOT contain HCG, and will not affect results.

well i have a question too, i had unprotected sex like almost 3 weeks ago, and i did had the plan b pill, and i did a pregnancy test which came out positive. I wanna know is that possible that im pregnant . Would a plan b make a pregnancy test positive or not. am i pregnant????

no plan B will not give you a possitive test. See your doctor chances are you are actually pregnant. Pan b only gives you a high dose of estrogen and pregerterone to prevent pregnancy, but if you have already concieved it will not stop it.

plan B must not be that effective then cause I too took it, the first pill not even 24 hrs after, and I came up with a positive pregnancy test result...

My gf took plan b less the 3 hours after unprotected sex and a week later she missed her period and we found out later she was pregnant with a pregnancy test. This pill is bull sh*t!!!!

Same here. I just found out today

I agree, it's BS. I took the pill 15 hrs, and they say you have up to 72 hrs after having sex, and i still got pregnant. it's expensive, and obvously is not very effective. I just found out today, too.

the pill is a money making thing, cause after taking it, I found out i was pregnant also....

I always have a very consistent 27-28 day cycle. I had my period had unprotected sex during it thinking because my uterus lining shed so no egg to be fertilized. It had ended on a Wed.on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun I had more unprotected sex allowing him to ejaculate in me. I got nervous and took Plan B Mon afternoon. Now normally you are fertile 2 weeks after your period or 2 weeks before the start of your next. And this is how I thought my cycle was, and used this method over 4 hrs ago to help conceive my daughter after I had a missed miscarriage then a D&C to remove the dead fetus 6 months earlier. After I had taken Plan B a day later I thought I was spot bleeding but noticed the 2nd it was a little more than spotting for5 days but still thought it was not my period. I had not had sex again until this Sat. (with same man) and used a condom and it broke in me. So for peice of mind I had taken a 2 pregnancy tests because it was around the 28 days of my new cycle both negative. I called my Dr. on Mon. and took another Plan B. Well Tue (today) I took the 3rd test and in the result line there is a very very faded barley visible(almost white) positive line. I am now waiting to have a more expensive brand name 5 day sooner test brought to me, I know it does not matter but the tests I used were cheaper than store brand. So I would be late on my period going by the first cycle, and also if taken a test after my so called spot bleeding it would be 3-4 days before that period would start. So now we wait and see and can not believe how ignorant I was, and I'm 29 yrs old, so now I am wondering if my fertile time has changed since giving birth because even with my daughters father for 3 yrs did not become pregnant with the "pull out" method. :$

I took it it less then 24 hours after we had sex and I just got a positive pregnancy test. It does say on the phamplet that comes with it that it is only 89% effective so I knew there was a chance it wouldn't work. I guess I'm part of that 11%.

i dont know what to think about the plan B pill. i took it about 4 hours after 'the sex' and am now 4 days late, HPTS are all negative, but ive read that it might be too early to tell. im usually extremely regular though so i pretty much know that it did not work at all.
= \