My doctor declaired me clinically depressed 3 years ago and gave me lexapro like it was candy. I immediately gained 30 lbs. despite my every day routine of exercising every day -- no change in diet or exercise routine. I had no idea until I read The Fat Flush diet that medications can make you gain weight, so I started researching. I'm weaning myself off this stuff. I'm even surprised I'm on it -- I would be the last person in the world who would need an antidepressant. I'm positive and a happy person.

I am very discouraged. I lost 116 pounds on my own ...diet and exercise. I got put on paxil and gained nearly 60 back over 3 yrs. I got off paxil and immediately dropped the weight with diet and exercise. I became anxious and depressed again after some life events. I did not want to go back on Paxil because of the weight gain. I had heard that Lexapro was better at not putting on the weight as much. I got put on Lexapro 10 mg in April and was 135 pounds. by june I was 151. Increased my Lexapro to 20mg and now I am currently in October 157. that is 22 pounds in a little over 6 mths . Im devistated! I dont even feel that much better ....thats why I increased to 20 mg . Im tired all the time and I have way less sex drive. I called my dr today to be wheened off Lexapro. I am miserable. I finally got back to my goal weight and now ive blown it!! Ill keep you posted.

Thanks,

Tired and Unhappy.

I started using
lexapro 10 mg after my husband passed away. I cried day and night.
It helped stop my crying and I did not gain weight. After three years I am still on lexapro.