I have been taking Lexapro for about 2 months now and I have lost about 15 to almost 20 pounds and I was wondering if this is normal?

I have been taking lexapro for 1 month and have lost about 15 lbs

I began taking Lexapro (10 mg per day) February 6, 2009. Today I visited my doctor for a follow-up appt. and discovered I lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks. I believe the Lexapro has increased my metabolism. I am a 39 year old female who works behind a computer for at least 10-12 hours/day (no physical activity/exercise)

Not only has Lexapro helped me with my depression, so far it's aided my weight loss. I am anxious to see the results when I visit my Dr. again in June (3 mth. follow-up). I don't have scales - I refuse to weigh at home. I will post my progress in June when I weigh in at the Dr's office. :-P

Lexapro may contribute to weight gain. Of all antidepressants, Wellbutrin (bupropion) has the most potency to promote weight loss. You may discuss with your doctor if you will benefit from Lexapro.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed