I have been taking paxil for a few years, I love it!! but the weight gain has been making me very upset!!!!!

Please help! My doctor only says "stay active" I feel that I am active. Can you tell me what your definition of "active" is?

What supplements, vitamins or excercise will help to eliminate this weight gain side effect?

I've heard that Omega 3 and Vitamin E is supposed to help curb the weight gain from Paxil.

I just quit taking Paxil because in the 5months I was on it, I gained 35+lbs. I loved that my mood was inproved while taking it, however that did not make up for the profound weight gain. I put on 3 inches around my waiste and now none od my clothes fit me (even my "fat" clothes are tight). Taking an antidepressent for being depressed, was giving me more of a reason to be depressed! I am struggling with losing the weight and I know it will take me far longer to lose all that weight that it did to gain it :-( My doctor has switched me to Buproprion (Welbutrin) because it has the lowest risk for the side effect of weight gain
I feel your pain and I wish you luck in your weight loss endevours.

Hi guys,...
I think using of fitness exercises and stairs as compared to pills are more beneficial for losing weight and maintain health,..

regards,..

Molan~ Some,people have to go anti-depressants for other reason than the obvious. i.e. migraines, RLS, etc. I am a fitness instructor who works out everyday so before you go and make a condescending remark as such, do your homework. Any kind of prescription med is horrible but when it's the only thing that helps I just had to grin and bear it. That being said, I gained over 30 lbs in 3 years so It's safe to say your way doesn't work.

i been on paxal for ptsd for 3 months and so far i lost 16 pounds

I have been on Paxil 50mg for a little over 4 years and my doc recently added 300mg of Wellbutrin (Bupropion).  Because of the Paxil I have gained 50 pounds, and that makes me very upset. Sometimes when I wake-up during the night, I am so hungry that I have to eat a bowl of cereal.  I am hungry all the time!  I asked my family doctor to replace Paxil with another anti-depressant that will not cause weight gain.  Because he doesn't believe in changing anti-depressants during the winter season, I have to wait another couple of months.  So I decided to wean off Paxil by myself.  I am now down from 50mg to 15 mg and I am feeling great.  I am giving myself another 2 weeks to completely wean off.  That will allow me to loose some weight in time for the summer season. :-)    

How did you wean yourself off the paxil? I take 25 mg a day. I want to do that too but am afraid of the side effects I've heard people say they have. I'm also on Wellbutrin 300 mg a day.

Health Advisor

Dear members and guests,

SteadyHealth has some exciting news for you — we've just released another weight loss book! This time we covered one of the most intriguing topics in the modern dieting world: weight loss pills. Our goal was to find out which ones work fast and what side effects can they cause. To achieve that, we interviewed a grand total of 150 people to collect their real-life experiences. Of course, the question of all questions is: "Are diet pills even effective?"

You can find the answers to these questions right alongside answers to questions you didn't even know you had in our new book. "Weight Loss Pills That Work Fast: The Fastest Weight Loss Pills. Real People - Real Experiences!"

You can download it by clicking on this link - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RGXZJO6.

It's free for the next five days, so grab your chance while you can!

If you like our book, please leave us some feedback on Amazon and help us in our mission of helping other people with their health problems and concerns.

Health Advisor

Want to lose weight? 

Download our book for free! "Weight Loss Pills That Work Fast: The Fastest Weight Loss Pills. Real People - Real Experiences!" can be downloaded for free just three more days, so get your copy now! We got feedback from real people on 30 of the most popular weight loss pills available on the market. 

If you ever had any doubts about particular diet pills, you'll find your answers in our book. We just have one request for you. If you like our book, please, leave us possitive feedback on Amazon. 

Health Advisor

Today is the LAST DAY of our free promo campaign for the ebook "Weight Loss Pills That Work Fast: The Fastest Weight Loss Pills. Real People - Real Experiences!"

You can download it completely free from Amazon by clicking on this link - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RGXZJO6.

Find answers to every question you ever had about weight loss pills. Don’t miss this last-minute opportunity to finally lose all those unwanted pounds in the fastest way possible.And, if you are satisfied with our book, give us some small encouragement by leaving your review on Amazon.Thank you!