Hello. I'm 35 year old female and just recently doctor prescribed me some Lisinopril drug. As very young, I started to suffer from high blood pressure and I have never used any medications for it.
Just recently, my doctor recommended me to start using this Lisinopril because my blood pressure become unstable and it could threat my general health.
I'm using it over then a week now and I'm satisfied with the good effects but yesterday I started to suffer from dizziness, headache
cough and excessive tiredness. So I was just wondering could anyone tell me more about this drug and possible side effects!

Hello. My fathers is using the same medication like you for years now and- believe me- I can tell you some important facts about this drug, including possible side effects.
The main thing you should know about this drug is that Lisinopril belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. It works by decreasing certain substances that tighten the blood vessels, so blood flows more smoothly through the vessels. Remember one thing! Do not take Lisinopril if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy because it can harm the fetus!!!
Some typical side effects are mild dizziness or lightheadedness, headache, unusual fatigue or weakness, dry, tickling cough and mild muscle cramps.

I see that you mentioned the threat to women taking the drug, in terms of preganacy. I was wondering if there was any risk to a fetus if my husband is currently taking the medication?

This is onlinev from canada . I am a newbie of this site and in my opinion this ia a good site to visit on.
onlinev

i just started taking lisinopril and a water pill, cause of high blood pressure and the first morning after taking the pills all weekend long ive been having severe stomach pain and pain right under my boobs. since it was the weekend also with nausia and headaches and dizziness. i heard if you have severe stomach pains seek medical treatment immediately. but since it is the weekend i have to wait till monday which is today to call the dr to talk to her. the weird thing is i dont think im pregnant but with my weird period last month and all the signs of pregnancy she went ahead and did a blood test to check so see if i am or was pregnant. if your possably pregnant you should not take the drug right? thats what i read well any way has any one ever experience the severe stomach pain. if so let me know thanks.