I suffer from hypertension since I was much younger then I am now. During my life, I have been trying a lot of different drugs and homeopathic remedies. All of those had the same goal, keeping my blood pressure as much normal as it was possible. Anyway, I got a new doctor few days ago and when I had my last appointment, he prescribed me Norvasc. I have never heard for this drug, so I want to hear something about it.

Norvasc is used to treat hypertension; we all know that is high blood pressure. Beside hypertension, Norvasc is used to treat angina that refers to a chest pain. Norvasc is in a class of drugs called calcium channel blockers, and its role is to relax the blood vessels, veins and arteries. This is making it easier for the heart to pump and reducing its workload. Before taking Norvasc, it is important to tell your doctor if you have some liver disease or any other disease of heart or blood vessels. Those you should pay attention are sinus syndrome, aortic stenosis, heart failure, or coronary artery disease. If you are over 65 years of age, you may be more likely to experience some of the side effects from Norvasc. Then, your doctor may prescribe a lower dose of this medication to prevent some side effects to occur. f you experience any of side effects, stop taking Norvasc and contact your doctor immediately. some serious side effects you should pay attention are allergic reaction, which means difficulty breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue, or face, and hives. After this, you might experience unusually fast or slow heartbeat, chest pain, severe dizziness or fainting, psychosis jaundice, or swelling of the legs or ankles, which all requires doctor’s check up.