My mother was diagnosed high blood pressure. Doctor prescribed her lisinopril, and maybe she’ll have to take it life-long. I am interested in other people’s experiences with lisinopril. What’s that so bad with high blood pressure? Can’t it be healed?

Lisinopril is used to treat heart failure and to lower high blood pressure. It belongs to class of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE is an enzyme in blood stream that causes HBP. When human organism stops to be able to control blood pressure by itself, drugs are necessary to help it. Among the other HBP drugs, lisinopril is one with fewer side effects. It is important to use alcohol cautiously when taking lisinopril. It is also recommended not to use potassium supplements while taking this drug. High blood pressure therapy may prevent brain, kidney and some other tissue damages.