I know that most people do not realize that men experience a change in their hormonal production and balance. That is in many ways is very similar to menopause. It is called andropause. In fact, andropause is often referred to as male menopause, which people can’t accept. I would like professional explanation of this so I could say more if someone ask me about it.

Andropause, or menopause in men, occurs when a man's production of hormones declines to below normal levels. These hormones include testosterone, thyroid, human growth hormone, and dihydroepiandosterone. In addition, production of estrogen actually increases in men undergoing to the andropause. A man's testosterone level typically begins to fall by the time he reaches his 50s. For many men it may start to occur in his early 30s. The diagnosis of menopause in men should include complete blood count and chemistry profile, free and total testosterone, estradiol, progesterone, DHEA, luteinizing hormone and homocysteine. When interpreting these results, the free testosterone in the serum or blood should be in the mid- to high-normal range. Saliva test can also be used to measure testosterone, DHEA, and estrogen levels, although the normal levels are different than normal levels from serum that are provided. Saliva tests results can be interpreted by physician along with consultation by one of the hormone specialists to confirm menopause of men.

I AM MARRIED TO A 51 YEAR OLD AND HE HAS BEEN BACKING AWAY FROM ME FOR A MONTH NOW TODAY HE THREW THIS AT ME IS THIS TRUE DO MEN GO THROUGH THIS OR IS IT HE JUST TIRED OF ME AND KEEPS IT TO HIM SELF CAUSE HE COULD BE UNHAPPY I AM ONLY 38 AND TO YOUNG FOR A ROCKING CHAIR PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME I FEEL LIKE I AM FIGHTING A LOOSING BATTLE