Hello! For the last couple of months my husband has lost interest in many things. He keeps forgetting things, seems distant, has no interest for sex. Most of the time, he has been spending sitting in his fave chair and reading and I can see that something’s wrong, however, he doesn’t talk much about it. First I though it could be another woman but he doesn’t go anywhere alone, then maybe depression and in the end a friend of mine told me that her husband is having testosterone hormonal replacement therapy because he seems to be in the male menopause and has similar problems like my husband does. Is there a menopause for men over 40?

Yes, there is a menopause for men as well and it is called andropause. It is also, just like menopause in females, characterized by lack of hormone-testosterone. The problem is that men can’t recognize it physically because they don’t have periods or similar but they can experience other symptoms like tiredness, loss of enthusiasm for things, irritability and whole bunch of various problems just like women who are entering menopause.

As men begin to age starting at 35 years old, they MUST be proactive in their health. This means regular exercise including weight lifting to counteract muscle loss that begins at 35, a smart diet of high fiber low fat emphasisizing fruit and vegetables, DON"T SMOKE, drink moderately, reduce stress (take a lower paying job if needed and/or possible), and maintain a positive outlook on life.

I don't believe growing old is natural. We were designed to grow to sexual maturity, breed, and then die from an infection of being eaten by an animal. Modern science has made it possible to outwit nature and live to almost 100 years. But if you don't make an effort whle your aging it's just not going to go well for you.

I was having this Andropause condition since I hit the age of 52. I noticed my desire for sex had greatly diminished and I was alarmed. I had many of the outward signs of the condition but was not aware of it, until I met a herbalist friend.

He introduced me to a herb called Eurycoma Longifolia Jack also know as Tongkat Ali and also by the name Pasak Bumi. I was skeptical at first but believed and trusted him. So I consumed this extract for some months and miraculously I noticed that I had regained my 'youth' again. He also strongly advised me against homonal teraphy (HRT) as it has many side effects. In short the herbal substance was also an aphrosisiac.